DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to make great - Professional Looking Photos with Mavic Mini

Roy Rogers

Reactions
The Mavic Mini has a 12mp Camera so it takes really good photos anyway but if your wanting to Take near Professional Quality Photos here is an easy but effective way to do it .

This photo was taken and Enhanced with editor. It looks good enough but places like the top right are over exposed
1-3_edited.jpg

This is the Same Photo " so to speak " but instead of Enhancements it is a HDR photo Merged together .
1-1-HDR-2.jpg
Not only are the colors bright vibrant and sharp but the over exposed places are gone .

So if you don't know how to do this , it isn't too hard and make your photos look impressive . I hope this will tell everyone that would like to try this how.
1. in DJI Fly after taking your 1st photo , hold your finger on the darkest part of the screen and Auto Focus AF will adjust to the dark ,then take a photo . Next touch and hold a lighter section part AF will adjust , take a 3rd photo . do it quickly as possible so the 3 photos will line up. Then more photos with different lighting the better but I found 3 works best for me and saves time.
1-1.JPGnormal1-2.JPGUnderexposed1-3.JPGOver Exposed

Ok now we have our 3 photos . you will need a photo editor to merge them now . I use Lightroom and I have used Microsoft Photos before but it takes more steps .
In LightRoom add your 3 photos ,left click the 1st one while holding shift , slide your mouse to the 3rd one and left click . Now right click to bring up the menu , scroll up to merge and choose HDR in the sub-menu . and like magic you will have a perfectly exposed , professional looking photo .

If you like this or found it helpful drop a dollar in the Hat . Thanks DJI Forum.

A couple more photos done using this method ...
5-1-HDR.jpg2-1-HDR.jpg4-1-HDR.jpg6-2-HDR.jpg

Those are some great tips to compensate for the lack of AEB modes on the Mavic Mini. Good work Roy!

• Love
Reactions: Roy Rogers
The Mavic Mini has a 12mp Camera so it takes really good photos anyway but if your wanting to Take near Professional Quality Photos here is an easy but effective way to do it .

This photo was taken and Enhanced with editor. It looks good enough but places like the top right are over exposed
View attachment 89682

This is the Same Photo " so to speak " but instead of Enhancements it is a HDR photo Merged together .
View attachment 89683
Not only are the colors bright vibrant and sharp but the over exposed places are gone .

So if you don't know how to do this , it isn't too hard and make your photos look impressive . I hope this will tell everyone that would like to try this how.
1. in DJI Fly after taking your 1st photo , hold your finger on the darkest part of the screen and Auto Focus AF will adjust to the dark ,then take a photo . Next touch and hold a lighter section part AF will adjust , take a 3rd photo . do it quickly as possible so the 3 photos will line up. Then more photos with different lighting the better but I found 3 works best for me and saves time.
View attachment 89684normalView attachment 89685UnderexposedView attachment 89686Over Exposed

Ok now we have our 3 photos . you will need a photo editor to merge them now . I use Lightroom and I have used Microsoft Photos before but it takes more steps .
In LightRoom add your 3 photos ,left click the 1st one while holding shift , slide your mouse to the 3rd one and left click . Now right click to bring up the menu , scroll up to merge and choose HDR in the sub-menu . and like magic you will have a perfectly exposed , professional looking photo .

If you like this or found it helpful drop a dollar in the Hat . Thanks DJI Forum.

A couple more photos done using this method ...
View attachment 89687View attachment 89688View attachment 89689View attachment 89690
Hello to you to Thomas (B) Cheers buddy :)

Wow great tutorial thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to give it a try. Is anyone aware of any easy (and possibly cheaper) alternatives to Lightroom’s HDR rendering that might be available on MacOS or iOS (iPad)?

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Cheaper alternative to lightroom? I know alot of people in the twitch community like Affinity
Affinity - Professional creative software as its only $50 and you own the software, as opposed to a single $50 monthly payment for Creative Cloud Softwares.. There is Affinity Photo which I'm pretty sure is a good alternative to lightroom.

Reactions: x-uas
Reactions: x-uas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason