DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to make video of mission.

sandiego

Reactions
Am I missing something or is there a way of making the videos that I see in Mission Hub.

For the life of me I cannot see how to do this.

Am I missing something or is there a way of making the videos that I see in Mission Hub.

For the life of me I cannot see how to do this.

I think you mean that you can upload a video of the mission as flown, as others have done. Litchi allows you to make your missions public (where anyone can access them), and then upload a video of that mission as it was flown in real life. When you hit the "Discover" icon in Mission Hub (the icon of a globe), you can see other people's missions (and a video of it). If you wish to fly the same mission, you can click on the mission itself, adjust it as desired, then save it to your own account under a separate name. Then you can go to the same location, upload your newly saved mission, and fly it.

Reactions: Simmo
Thanks for that.

I follow your meaning to a point. I have played other peoples videos with interest but where has the "video" come from? Is it from Mission Hub or Google Earth Pro?

It is the original video source I don't understand.

Thanks for that.

I follow your meaning to a point. I have played other peoples videos with interest but where has the "video" come from? Is it from Mission Hub or Google Earth Pro?

It is the original video source I don't understand.

It is from the user that created that "mission". Basically, it's only a link to a video file uploaded separately on YouTube or Vimeo.

To share your own mission, on Mission Hub, click on the "Missions" button (lower left corner) then "Open". A second window will pop up showing all your saved missions. For any specific mission, you'll see a number of options. One option is "Video", where you can paste a link of the video for that mission as flown, from either a video on YouTube or Vimeo (which you need to upload separately on that particular site). There you can also choose to share a link of the mission, share it on a Facebook post, or even download the mission parameters itself. For others to see it, it must not be made private (uncheck that particular box).

On a side note, all of your saved missions are saved as "public" by default, meaning that the rest of the world can see them. Unless you check off that box (forcing you have to go back in to that pop-up menu after saving it to change it to "private"), it is automatically public by default. Personally, I think it should be the opposite and I have voiced my concern about this to the Litchi folks, with no action taken thus far.

Reactions: Simmo
OK, I understand that and thanks for the explanation.
Sorry to trouble you again.

One last thing I am not getting through my thick head. Say I have made a 'mission' in the Hub, what now? How do you turn that 'mission' into a video that can be posted to the Internet?

One last thing I am not getting through my thick head. Say I have made a 'mission' in the Hub, what now? How do you turn that 'mission' into a video that can be posted to the Internet?

Fly it and record it on your Mavic. Upload the video to YouTube when done. Simple as that.

If you're not sure how to run Litchi missions (you have bought the app, correct?), you need to do a bit more reading. Read this page, starting at "Loading / Saving a mission" : Help - Litchi

Reactions: Qoncussion
Brilliant. Thank you very much indeed for your help. Yes I have bought the app but could not work out how to 'video'.

It all makes sense now. Again ,thanks.

Brilliant. Thank you very much indeed for your help. Yes I have bought the app but could not work out how to 'video'.

It all makes sense now. Again ,thanks.
Here's something you can do, by flying and filming the same mission several times. This is three flights of the same mission, filmed over a period of six months:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark