DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to NOT crash your drone video series. What do you think so far?

Great vids andI do have one question though. I was always under the impression that if you do hand catch that turning it sideways for the emergency shutoff was not good for the drone, is that not correct? Granted Ido hand catch my MPP and my Spark but have only used the emergency shutoff on rare occasions.

At NAB in vegas I saw one of their engineers, who helped design the Mavic, do that maneuver so I figured it was OK. I only do that when I need to cut the engines quickly and I have done it at least a hundred times. So far I haven't seen any issue nor have I read anything about it.

Thanks so much! As someone who does a lot of flying from a boat, the last video was very helpful.

I have been wondering why the Dynamic Home Point function hasn't been working. I nearly lost my drone a couple of weeks ago as I had traveled too far from the original home point and my mavic kept trying to return "home" (middle of the ocean). I was finally able to get it to fly low enough so I could catch it mid-air - unfortunately, it would not land. As I was holding my mavic, it kept trying to take off as I was frantically trying pushing/touching random controls on my controller with one hand. It wasn't until I sat down that the mavic detected that it was less than 2m from the ground and it finally landed and the propellors stopped.

The key is to try and hold it as steady as possible (tough to do when there are waves) If you hold the left stick down, it might take a little while for it to shut off but the important thing is not to panic when it doesn't. That is the reason why I do that little sideways maneuver to shut it down. Just keep in mind that you need to have your downward sensors for it to work. If they are off that sideways thing won't shut them off.

Thank you ! this Blog is great ! you guys are wonderful and I cannot believe how quickly folks respond. Even for a newbie like me. This is my first Drone ! 3 days of great flying and have not crashed.
I did almost take my sons finger off though. He approached the Mav while props where still spinning down.
I did find this link , great and in line with this post. Let me know if link post does not work.

Thank you ! this Blog is great ! you guys are wonderful and I cannot believe how quickly folks respond. Even for a newbie like me. This is my first Drone ! 3 days of great flying and have not crashed.
I did almost take my sons finger off though. He approached the Mav while props where still spinning down.
I did find this link , great and in line with this post. Let me know if link post does not work.

Wow.. they went into way more detail than I did. Nice find!

Wow.. they went into way more detail than I did. Nice find!
Funny I was Flying yesterday a little too close to a Hawk nest. She was a lot faster than the Mavic (or me) and circled it for a minute or so. I thought she would have my Mav for breakfast. She pulled away when I stayed on hover :)
Love this thing.

My drone has a beginner mode??? Lol who knew!?!

These are GREAT videos--extremely helpful to a newby like me. Thanks for taking the time to make them, and post them here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000