DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to NOT crash your drone video series. What do you think so far?

Reactions
I have had my share of crashes and near misses over the past few years so I decided to share what I have learned from them. I am going to be creating more of these videos so I am always looking for feedback. So far I am about halfway finished with what I have planned. Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism. :)

Part 1: Intro

Part 2: The Preflight checklist

Part 3: What you should know about LiPo batteries

Part 4: How to not crash while flying from a boat

To be continued…..

some good tips and advice,keep up the good work

Reactions: Thomas B
Re: Battery safety. You've convinced me to get the battery bags. Mostly to store the batteries in when I know i won't be using the drone for a while. Don't really have the budget for an ammo case heh.

But regarding the batteries. How dangerous are they really? According to
battery-pros-and-cons-lithium-polymer-.jpg

LiPo batteries are safer than Lithium Ion batteries (the ones in cell phones, cameras, battery banks; almost everything) and these batteries rarely explode or catch fire. So why would the DJI LiPos? Just wondering

I have had my share of crashes and near misses over the past few years so I decided to share what I have learned from them. I am going to be creating more of these videos so I am always looking for feedback. So far I am about halfway finished with what I have planned. Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism. :)

To be continued…..
This is great! Especially for those of us new to the hobby ?

Wow; excellent series. The battery info made me sit up and take notice, mainly because my batteries are in the case with my drone(s), both my MA and MP Platinum. Is that really an issue?

Great vids andI do have one question though. I was always under the impression that if you do hand catch that turning it sideways for the emergency shutoff was not good for the drone, is that not correct? Granted Ido hand catch my MPP and my Spark but have only used the emergency shutoff on rare occasions.

To be continued…..
NicE work ? ?

Reactions: OSullivanStudios
Great series.
On the batteries, if you have one of the USB adapters you can use s battery to charge a phone/tablet. That's a good way I've found to discharge a battery if I'm not going to fly with it soon and it is charged up. (Happens when weather or life interrupts my flight plans)

Re: Battery safety. You've convinced me to get the battery bags. Mostly to store the batteries in when I know i won't be using the drone for a while. Don't really have the budget for an ammo case heh.

LiPo batteries are safer than Lithium Ion batteries (the ones in cell phones, cameras, battery banks; almost everything) and these batteries rarely explode or catch fire. So why would the DJI LiPos? Just wondering
Watching :)

Thanks so much! As someone who does a lot of flying from a boat, the last video was very helpful.

I have been wondering why the Dynamic Home Point function hasn't been working. I nearly lost my drone a couple of weeks ago as I had traveled too far from the original home point and my mavic kept trying to return "home" (middle of the ocean). I was finally able to get it to fly low enough so I could catch it mid-air - unfortunately, it would not land. As I was holding my mavic, it kept trying to take off as I was frantically trying pushing/touching random controls on my controller with one hand. It wasn't until I sat down that the mavic detected that it was less than 2m from the ground and it finally landed and the propellors stopped.

I am guessing better weight to power ratio? Also, I have heard that you can discharge a LiPo faster than a LiOn battery. But I have seen some tests where they seem to be similar. Maybe that's a future video? :cool:

Wow; excellent series. The battery info made me sit up and take notice, mainly because my batteries are in the case with my drone(s), both my MA and MP Platinum. Is that really an issue?

As I said, is a "small chance"... but do you want to take that chance? Currently, I am out west visiting my girlfriend so my Inspire batteries are in ammo cases that I put in my bathtub.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+