DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to project video from Mavic Air to large LED screen inside any hall

Kalai

Reactions
How to project video from Mavic Air to large LED screen inside any hall. I was asked by a wedding customer to provide drone coverage at night for the bridal car convoy arrival video and to live feed to large LED screen in the hall. How to do it? Need help.Thanks.

Android Tablet with Screen Stream Mirroring application installed. WiFi connection on same network from Android Tablet running personal Hotspot to laptop. Laptop video output via HDMI cable to LED Screen. Done! Tablet and laptop must be fairly close to make sure WiFi personal hotspot can connect and has stable signal. If you use this method I would setup Screen Stream Mirroring to stream to a URL and then install VLC on the laptop and VLC connect to the URL that is being provided.

Pro's - No pesky cables to worry about tripping over or coming undone.
Cons - Must purchase tablet with HDMI video output.
WiFi can be spotty at a distance with personal hotspot signals on phones and tablets.

Hardwired:
Laptop with HDMI output like Nvidia Shield K1 - Output from long HDMI cable directly to LED Screen HDMI input. Hardwired!
Pro's- Hardwiring will provide less chance of lost video feed due to WiFi disconnection. Stable video feed.
Con's-
Must purchase tablet with HDMI Video output.
Less mobility depending on length of HDMI cable. Tripping hazard. Cable pulls out unexpectedly.

Reactions: Mike Shock
It works. I stream from my Nvidia Shield to an external laptop so that others can view my flights. I discovered this method after searching for a away to share my flights in the field with other people. Girlfriend likes to stay in the car when I am out in the snow. LOL .

Whats nice as well is that there is no cost associated with the Screen Stream Mirroring program.

You could also stream it live to Facebook or YouTube and broadcast it that way as well.
You get 20-60 seconds delay when live streaming to YouTube. Not sure about Facebook. That may or may not be a problem, you don't want the bride turning up in the venue while the screen is still showing her getting out of the car.

You could also stream it live to Facebook or YouTube and broadcast it that way as well.
Facebook live streaming appears to be somewhat unreliable as well. I have read multiple posts on the forum where individuals indicate dropped streams , lost connection, and a host of other issues. It appears that although it can be done it is not something that is "bulletproof".

If this wedding coverage is a paid gig (unsure if this is a paid Part 107 gig) then I personally would want the most rock solid setup to make sure I get those treasured moments for attendees to witness.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexxorellana