HOW TO: Quickly transfer videos/photos from DJI Mini 3 Pro

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

Unfortunately, for me… photos or videos NEVER show up in the drone album, hence, there is nothing to transfer. I’ve tried everything to get this to work. In the end I just pull the card & transfer normally, seems just as fast & I don’t need to unfold the drone & power it up.

Rather than go through all this wi-fi stuff (assuming you are at home and own some sort of computer) just connect a USB C cable from your drone to any desktop or laptop USB port and the drone's storage will appear on your computer as another disk drive with at the most 1 prompt asking if you want to do it and just copy off the files. It's many times faster than the Wi-Fi method You can do this while travelling if you have a laptop. Would probably even work with some android phones or tablets, I don't understand why you would want these photos on your controller except for maybe a one off requirement.

Reactions: mrfish
Rather than go through all this wi-fi stuff (assuming you are at home and own some sort of computer) just connect a USB C cable from your drone to any desktop or laptop USB port and the drone's storage will appear on your computer as another disk drive with at the most 1 prompt asking if you want to do it and just copy off the files. It's many times faster than the Wi-Fi method You can do this while travelling if you have a laptop. Would probably even work with some android phones or tablets, I don't understand why you would want these photos on your controller except for maybe a one off requirement.
Thanks for that info, naturally it worked like a charm. I a total nubie; and your comment was why you would want the photo/video on your controller (thus needing an equally large micoSD card there as well). A assumed the files went to the controller automatically, maybe in a reduced resolution/file size. Am I wrong? If not, transferring would be a good idea in order to view preview shots on the controller to determine settings of all kinds. Also, dumping the files there serves to preserve them in case you lose the M3P before you can download. If your memory is near full, having them on the controller would allow erasure on the drone in order to keep filming.
I need a deep dive into a lot of functions, I don't know why DJI produces what I consider a minimal manual. I would understand if it was printed, but it's a pdf. I'm having a lot of confusion with obtaining and keeping maps on the controller and with connections to the phone in order to obtain said maps. Apparently you can download maps but if you turn-off the RC they're GONE. What? OK, Hotspot your phone, great if you're within cell tower distance, beyond that and you're screwed? It seems like the Mini format is for folks that never leave town.

Thanks for that info, naturally it worked like a charm. I a total nubie; and your comment was why you would want the photo/video on your controller (thus needing an equally large micoSD card there as well). A assumed the files went to the controller automatically, maybe in a reduced resolution/file size. Am I wrong? If not, transferring would be a good idea in order to view preview shots on the controller to determine settings of all kinds. Also, dumping the files there serves to preserve them in case you lose the M3P before you can download. If your memory is near full, having them on the controller would allow erasure on the drone in order to keep filming.
I need a deep dive into a lot of functions, I don't know why DJI produces what I consider a minimal manual. I would understand if it was printed, but it's a pdf. I'm having a lot of confusion with obtaining and keeping maps on the controller and with connections to the phone in order to obtain said maps. Apparently you can download maps but if you turn-off the RC they're GONE. What? OK, Hotspot your phone, great if you're within cell tower distance, beyond that and you're screwed? It seems like the Mini format is for folks that never leave town.
Well, with no cell service obviously the hotspot would be useless for getting maps. Not even sure if you can predownload maps because the controller doesn't have a dedicated program like Google Maps you can access to do that. If you used the non-display controller (RC-N1) with your cell phone you can predownload maps which may be why it would be to your benefit to also have an RC-N1 "non-display" controller to use with your cell phone when you are in no coverage areas.

That is not always true; the SD card speed could be the limiting factor

If that is the case then that person is either using a non-supported (too slow for capturing videos) uSD card or their USB connection is PRE 1990. There is very little chance in any world I have been involved with where a direct USB 3 connection would be slower than the transfer speed over wifi. Anything is possible, of course but I'd bet against it. ;)

I use it to get pictures and videos to my I-phone. If I was going to a computer I would probably just use the card or a USB cable.

If that is the case then that person is either using a non-supported (too slow for capturing videos) uSD card or their USB connection is PRE 1990. There is very little chance in any world I have been involved with where a direct USB 3 connection would be slower than the transfer speed over wifi. Anything is possible, of course but I'd bet against it. ;)

100MByte per second is 800Mbit.. I am pretty sure I can do that through WiFi but sure

100% Correct! Thanks sir.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid