DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I noticed that DJI Assistant2 shows my current version as "01.04.0000-". Next to the latest version It says "Upgrade" and the button is highlighted (see image below). Stupid question here , but does that mean DJI Assistant2 is recognizing that my current firmware is modified or not the same as the latest version?

Yes, modded FW will show with the "-" sign.

Reactions: angusc
I noticed that DJI Assistant2 shows my current version as "01.04.0000-". Next to the latest version It says "Upgrade" and the button is highlighted (see image below). Stupid question here , but does that mean DJI Assistant2 is recognizing that my current firmware is modified or not the same as the latest version?
Yes, it sees there is a mismatch between component versions. "01.04.0000-" means the latest thing you flashed is that, but not all modules have the version they should on that.

I really like this thread guys!
Thanks @digdat0 and @jezzab for your support thus far.
Keep the info flowing!Thumbswayup
Also thanks to @clackey , @LuvMyTJ and @dirkclod for this thread to exsist!
Good stuff! It’s everything we needed for our Mavs to fly without BS.! :cool:
Why is this not a sticky by now? Hehe.....:rolleyes:
cheers man, jezzab and the other OG's @ slack are really the rockstars. Without their knowledge and skills, the tools wouldnt be available and none of this would be available.

that's why I thought you had left newer firmware on one battery

I have seen 2 people say about the new go app locking their mavics, I'm guessing dji are trying to clamp down but its not working correctly yet

Oooh, that would really cruel to us!!!

Although, I don't think it was Go4 either. I'm still on 4.1.10 - same as when I was on FW 1.03.0400 for a long time without the motors locked and the incompatible FW message.

Yes, it sees there is a mismatch between component versions. "01.04.0000-" means the latest thing you flashed is that, but not all modules have the version they should on that.

OK. I'm glad it isn't a glitch. Thanks.

Has anybody been successful at rolling back the firmware or modify it on the Platnum?

After 1.4.000 sans 305&306, with verbatim digdat0's configuration, I have two obvious problems:

1. The checkbox for precision takeoff is gone, only standard takeoff.
2. On RTH, it starts landing facing the way it flew home, it doesn't turn to match the heading of the takeoff.

Any ideas?
did you get problem fixed?Are other people having this problem also?

Anybody know where downloaded (cached) firmware resides on a Mac? I'm upgrading to 1.4.0000 to see if it resolves RTH issues I mentioned above, the Assistant didn't download it again, it grabbed it from cache, but I can't find it (nothing in ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2 or Caches).

So, I've reproduced the problem with RTH heading/accuracy (basically, no precision landing) on 1.4.0000-.

1. Reset all params.
2. Upgraded to official 1.4.0000 in Assistant.
3. RTH works beautifully: turns to match takeoff heading before descending, lands within inches.
4. Downgraded to official 1.3.700 using DroneZBreak on a Mac.
5. RTH works same as in #3.
6. Upgraded to modded 1.4.0000- (posted above on Google Drive).
7. RTH doesn't work properly.

Anyone can confirm? So, something in removed 305&306 modules is needed for RTH to work properly. These modules (either from .400 or .700), when they remain with the rest of 1.4.0000 modules, somehow break RTH.

Picked up this alpine white Mavic pro today. Let’s see if I have better luck with Firmware on it then I did with the platinum.

b848e5485231089cf604389cdee3d72c.jpg

Reactions: Haloweenhamster
If you are on 1.4.0000 already then use 1.3.400 fc followed by 1.4.0000 gim

If you are on any other version then its 1.3.400 fc followed by 1.4.0000 nofc

If you have additional batteries not on 1.4.0000 then use 1.4.0000 bat for a quicker update
do the mods work for you?are just a few having problems with them? thanks

do the mods work for you?are just a few having problems with them? thanks

I didn’t have any problems making firmware adjustments on my Mavic pro. But I could not get the platinum to function with any firmware changes.

Has anyone else been successful making changes to the platinum‘s firmware?

Majority or people are fine with this setup

Only problem of seen has been about rth landing the mavic facing a different direction

Not an issue in my opinion & don't use rth so never noticed

Reactions: rickw
I didn’t have any problems making firmware adjustments on my Mavic pro. But I could not get the platinum to function with any firmware changes.

Has anyone else been successful making changes to the platinum‘s firmware?

that's a different issue not to do with mixing but to do with new anti rollback in new mavics

that's a different issue not to do with mixing but to do with new anti rollback in new mavics

Thanks Haloweenhamster, didn’t realize they actuall Started putting Anti-rollback software on the new MP,s. I guess I’ll be returning this alpine white MP. Kind of sad the alpine white MP is a pretty good deal they give you three batteries, five pairs of propellers and a small carrying sleeve $1049.

9139c67625d803e64b5b09bee7c817f5.jpg

I guess I’ll just pick up a couple used MPs on eBay.

Anyone can confirm? So, something in removed 305&306 modules is needed for RTH to work properly. These modules (either from .400 or .700), when they remain with the rest of 1.4.0000 modules, somehow break RTH.

I can confirm this. Just tested with modded 1.4.000 and get the same thing. RTH works but not precision RTH. Lands off the mark by about a meter. Doesn't make much difference to me, as long as it gets back to home (unless you're trying to impress friends). I'm sure there is a fix. Could be adding in 305 and 306 from .700 FW would fix this. Have you tried to mix the modules? (Supposedly it works fine)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Thanks Haloweenhamster, didn’t realize they actuall Started putting Anti-rollback software on the new MP,s.

Did you try rolling the FW back on the white MP?

I guess I’ll just pick up a couple used MPs on eBay.

There are still plenty of "new" MPs from big box dealers, all with older firmware. Sam's Club and Costco are selling them. I would think most of the ones from Best Buy are still older stock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
S13.