DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Changing parameters to bypass the NFZ's and 500m height is considered hacking which is not allowed here .
You can Rollback your Go App or your firmware . That is what this is about and thought the OP stated it quite clearly . Now if you have anything further to add to this just message me but please don't go OT again in this thread .
Thanks .

What you wrote again makes no sense at all. Easy enough to understand, nobody else had an issue with that yet...

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't want to be annoying, just wanted to know if I can try to rollback out of the box without ever having activated/registered the bird? Will I loose activation/registration on every FW-change I will do?

I ordered a brand new mavic, will probably be delivered within the next week. I suspect it comes with .1000. I'm curious if the rollback to .700 will work. Hopefully they did´nt any HW-changes preventing any rollback... I will report to you...

BTW: Can I try to rollback out of the box without ever having activated/registered the bird? Will I loose activation/registration on every FW-change I will do?

Seriously doubt any mavic ships with the latest code (or any tech device for that matter). There is a minimum 90 day lag from manufacturing to delivery to your doorstep (usually longer).

BUT, if I upgrade the bird and remote back to .1000, connect to the internet, and let the NFZ DB update, the bird flies again. But I could not find any procedure to back out of this and I hope some of the really smart people here figure it out.

Hey bean i did the same thing as you and updated the mav to the latest because i was having some issues with it stroking out..Then i downgraded it back to 700 and i was getting the 30m thing your gettin..I ended up downgrading dji go to 4.1.3 and that seemed to take my issue away...Did you try that yet?

A few issues i had while doing this were i couldn't make a backup using DUMLdore so i just flashed it anyway with 700 and it froze at 82% for like 20min and said "system error" or something like that on the controller and had an esc error and one motor wouldn't start..I just reflashed again and that fixed all that.. The next issue I was having is with Charles to downgrade the go app but it was because of some kind of permission thing from my ipad..When i'd try to download DJI go it would mess up. I didn't realize when i was trying to sign in on Itunes with the computer to accept the download my ipad was getting a text asking me to allow my computer to access my iTunes account...after i allowed it then it worked...I don't really use Itunes so this may be common knowledge to most...

Hope you get yours fixed man!

Reactions: Soft7
Hey bean i did the same thing as you and updated the mav to the latest because i was having some issues with it stroking out..Then i downgraded it back to 700 and i was getting the 30m thing your gettin..I ended up downgrading dji go to 4.1.3 and that seemed to take my issue away...Did you try that yet?

A few issues i had while doing this were i couldn't make a backup using DUMLdore so i just flashed it anyway with 700 and it froze at 82% for like 20min and said "system error" or something like that on the controller and had an esc error and one motor wouldn't start..I just reflashed again and that fixed all that.. The next issue I was having is with Charles to downgrade the go app but it was because of some kind of permission thing from my ipad..When i'd try to download DJI go it would mess up. I didn't realize when i was trying to sign in on Itunes with the computer to accept the download my ipad was getting a text asking me to allow my computer to access my iTunes account...after i allowed it then it worked...I don't really use Itunes so this may be common knowledge to most...

Hope you get yours fixed man!

I could not find where to get 4.1.3, I asked but no responses. Where can I download it?

so to make it clear i signed into itunes and gave myself permission from my ipad before i started charles...I hope this helps someone else...

Seriously doubt any mavic ships with the latest code (or any tech device for that matter). There is a minimum 90 day lag from manufacturing to delivery to your doorstep (usually longer).
Sounds reasonable.
Ok, I will NOT inform anybody here about this, except I´m running into problems ;-)

I just flashed 2 new batteries using the DUMLdore tool. On FW 0400.
The downfall is having to re flash the Mavic too. You have to place the new battery in the Mavic each time and flash.
Takes more time. The two batteries had 0900 on them so I guess it just over wrote them and updated each one. So, I guess it does work. Has anyone else tried it?

Last edited:
I just flashed 2 new batteries using the DUMLdore tool. On FW 0400.
The downfall is having to re flash the Mavic too. You have to place the new battery in the Mavic each time and flash.
Takes more time. The two batteries had 0900 on them so I guess it just over wrote them and updated each one. So, I guess it does work. Has anyone else tried it?
No need to use dumldore, just put battery in and when itnsays inconsistent firmware update it, that only does battery

Ive been using parallels with windows 10 .. you can also try pyduml or the new dronezbreak (i have not used it yet) GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

Done the downgrading. Thank you so much for your sharing, mate. Now i'm on .900 firmware again. Is there something that i should be concern about after i downgrade my aircraft? Or i just take my aircraft for shake down cruise?

d55301b9e595c5fbe4d482af40f9ca49.jpg

Done the downgrading. Thank you so much for your sharing, mate. Now i'm on .900 firmware again. Is there something that i should be concern about after i downgrade my aircraft? Or i just take my aircraft for shake down cruise?

d55301b9e595c5fbe4d482af40f9ca49.jpg

You may try flying it first and share us how do you feel about it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure