DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Yup, i've been in 1000 for a week, then i downgrade to 900. Maybe i'll stick around 900 'til next update
cool. since you tried DZB 0.7 , I suggest you to download latest DronezBreak v.0.8 since it's released by dev just now. it has unlock features if your drone forced to update

DroneZBreak by mavicBreak
==================================================
GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

[v0.8 changelog 03.SEP.2017]
———————————————————————————-
+ Unlock option if drone is locked and forced to FW upgrade thx to kilrah
+ stability fixes

cheers

Last edited:
Hi were you on 1000 first version released on 8-22 or 1000 second version released on 8-25? Thanks.
Actually i've tried both, mate.. LOL
I thought there were a difference between that 2 firmware, but the fact i thought that they're the same. IMO

Actually i've tried both, mate.. LOL
I thought there were a difference between that 2 firmware, but the fact i thought that they're the same. IMO
Thank you for reply. I was asking because in other thread there was mentioned that 2nd version have rollback protection so therefore I was curious if there is possibility to rollback also 2nd version. Thanks for confirmation. David

You're welcome mate. Actually, like i said earlier, i'm not using my mavic to fly more that 2 km or push it to the limit or maybe fly higher (in my country Indonesia, it has 150 m limit to fly a drone) or higher speed. Nope, i use my drone to make an aerial photos. It's a new experience for me and the .900 firmware fit what i need. Not to mention that .1000 is a bad firmware, i just don't like its exposure default setting, it's too over exposed though the saturation is nice. But i rather have a little bit under exposed photos than over exposed so that i can keep a little detail on my photos.

Nice to meet you anyway, David.

- Agung -

cool. since you tried DZB 0.7 , I suggest you to download latest DronezBreak v.0.8 since it's released by dev just now. it has unlock features if your drone forced to update

DroneZBreak by mavicBreak
==================================================
GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

[v0.8 changelog 03.SEP.2017]
———————————————————————————-
+ Unlock option if drone is locked and forced to FW upgrade thx to kilrah
+ stability fixes

cheers

Got it. I've downloaded the new dronezbreak and i'll keep it with the old one. Thanks for the info, mate

You're welcome mate. Actually, like i said earlier, i'm not using my mavic to fly more that 2 km or push it to the limit or maybe fly higher (in my country Indonesia, it has 150 m limit to fly a drone) or higher speed. Nope, i use my drone to make an aerial photos. It's a new experience for me and the .900 firmware fit what i need. Not to mention that .1000 is a bad firmware, i just don't like its exposure default setting, it's too over exposed though the saturation is nice. But i rather have a little bit under exposed photos than over exposed so that i can keep a little detail on my photos.

Nice to meet you anyway, David.

- Agung -

Agree, i even stick with my 700 fw because i only need to take aerial photographs without renting helicopter. Lol. It appears that you and I has same country though.

I think I've done everything correctly but I can't DUMLdore to run enough to show the user interface.
1) Run DJI Assistant 2 first to verify the connection to the Mavic
2) right-click DUMLdore.exe and run as administrator get one of these
upload_2017-9-3_9-13-48.png
The contents of of the window:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: dumldore.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.88.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 59a5199d
Problem Signature 04: DUMLdore
Problem Signature 05: 1.88.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 59a5199d
Problem Signature 07: 5
Problem Signature 08: bd
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm running Windows 7. Just downloaded/installed DUMLdore as explained in the YouTube in post #1

Anybody have this problem and/or know how to fix this?

I think I've done everything correctly but I can't DUMLdore to run enough to show the user interface.
1) Run DJI Assistant 2 first to verify the connection to the Mavic
2) right-click DUMLdore.exe and run as administrator get one of these
View attachment 21109
The contents of of the window:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: dumldore.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.88.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 59a5199d
Problem Signature 04: DUMLdore
Problem Signature 05: 1.88.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 59a5199d
Problem Signature 07: 5
Problem Signature 08: bd
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm running Windows 7. Just downloaded/installed DUMLdore as explained in the YouTube in post #1

Anybody have this problem and/or know how to fix this?

Perhaps you need to set compatibility first? You can read at first page post #10

Right click on the dumldore tool and chose properties click compatibility and change to windows 7 compatible click okay. Disable your antivirus or firewall and try again. If no go wr can get the the log and examine

Perhaps you need to set compatibility first? You can read at first page post #10
Forgot to mention that I had already set the compatibility.

No need to use dumldore, just put battery in and when itnsays inconsistent firmware update it, that only does battery
Thanks @digdat0 . I know the routine with inconsistent FW found with batteries. And thanks for your genius support on keeping us flying with freedom.
Was not getting that screen with the new batts. I re started Go several times.
But nothing. I even went to go splash screen where it normally would tell you about inconsistent FW found. Every time I checked batt version, it did not change. Once I saved my current FW 0400 modded and reflashed. The batteries were downgraded.
Either way, I know I am good and that's all that matters.Thumbswayup

Many thanks to developers for DUMLdor. I did backup of my firmware with no problem. I do have a couple questions.

1. I did backup of AC firmware but when I do backup of controller, it has same exact file size. Did I do something wrong?
2. Below are my versions, can anyone tell me if I am out of sync anywhere? Something tells me AC and RC are not in sync? LOL

* iPad Pro 9.7
* App 4.1.9

* Aircraft 01.03.0700
* Remote Controller 01.03.0550
* Flight Database: 01.000.01.05
* App Database: 01.000.01.05

I saw a link earlier in the thread to download firmware.
If I need to rollback my App version, is there anyway to do that with Apple??
Its a lot easier with Android :(

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

* Update: I found the post on using Charles. Still working on that part but not sure what app version I should use.

Last edited:
Have you installed .net framework? If you do, try repair .net framework or reinstall and try it again.
Thanks. I managed to get this to work by using a different PC. The PC that I was using for this has had so many things installed and uninstalled that it's hard to tell where the problem could have been. Your comment about repairing/reinstalling .net was the catalyst I needed to try a different PC.

Reactions: ariksaja
Thanks. I managed to get this to work by using a different PC. The PC that I was using for this has had so many things installed and uninstalled that it's hard to tell where the problem could have been. Your comment about repairing/reinstalling .net was the catalyst I needed to try a different PC.

Glad you made it. [emoji482]

Are there any tips or solutions to issues around update hangs?

I was able to downgrade to 400 no probs, now I'm trying to flash 700 - the image gets sent to the AC, and in assistant I can see progress...but it seems to hang / f'up at around 60 percent.

How did it work with 400, and not 700?

Is it a case of repeatedly trying?

Are there any tips or solutions to issues around update hangs?

I was able to downgrade to 400 no probs, now I'm trying to flash 700 - the image gets sent to the AC, and in assistant I can see progress...but it seems to hang / f'up at around 60 percent.

How did it work with 400, and not 700?

Is it a case of repeatedly trying?
Just got done doing .700 which completed without a problem. @digdat0 's video in post #1 says that the Assistant may not show the updating complete when it actually has completed. This can be determined by turning on the RC and, if it connects, then the updating is complete. Have a look at the video to make sure I've got it right.

Just got done doing .700 which completed without a problem. @digdat0 's video in post #1 says that the Assistant may not show the updating complete when it actually has completed. This can be determined by turning on the RC and, if it connects, then the updating is complete. Have a look at the video to make sure I've got it right.
It gives an error at 60 percent though. AC still on 400.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1