DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I don't know - the app keeps crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S7, so maybe something was interrupted during the downgrade process? The other two I went through the PC since it's been more stable.

I used DUMLDore twice to downgrade (battery A and battery C) and both times went off without a hitch. I had the video playing at the same time and it went through exactly as shown - though mine finished and never hung up on 99%. Since the remote was also on .900, I downgraded that as well and even with no video, it was a quick and successful process.

I haven't noticed anything specific to the FW since going back, but I've only had one flight. I was on .700 before and had no issues with it originally, just upgraded by habit.

Unrelated, sort of - when I did the upgrade to .900 I think my battery got too low (sometimes that download takes forever!) and so it failed initially. Ended up with the two blinking center LEDs and didn't know what that meant. After reading a bit, I tried the install again with a new battery and it worked. Then repeated the process with the failed battery and the upgrade went through and cleared the error. So when I saw the same error this time, I had an idea what to do. But yes, I agree, rather scary to see that the first time around!

Best flying I have had,rolled back to .700,using 4.0.6 on dji go4,best range,no glitches and my confidence is back with flying,can't get any better.No problems with video or pictures either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definite KUDOS to gigdat0 and everyone who created the rollback for the quads! Trial and error, but in the end a success and I feel a whole lot smarter!

After having rolled back the MP and RC to .0700 as stated earlier, I was still having warnings; I then reverted my Go4 app back to 4.0.7 based on Robbyg"s question to me which made me think, yet another great tutorial from gigdat0 and she's flying like a dream!

The only drawback I have found are the constant "Inconsistent firmware" messages and "required update" but having followed gigdat"s instructions, I was able to stop the automatic updates. Also a great help to fly in airplane mode!

Having been in the military for 35 years and then taken the plunge to retirement, found myself sitting and "piddling"; this drone got me up off the seat I was sharing my a** with and got me going again, only to have it restricted more and more over the past couple of months. So when I say thank you to everyone who has helped with the many questions and concerns on this site, I truly mean it! thank you.

Glad to hear you were able to fix your issues Mfgwwh, welcome to the community and good flying!

Huge applause, much respect and many thanks for all those involved in even making any if this possible.

Thanks to digdat0 and countless hours of searching/reading/video's, I have a much better understanding of the fw flash/rollback, devtool sided on Asst 2 and a back up of V.1.1.2-2

But it seems I've obviously overlooked a few things.

Reverted your Go4 app back to 4.0.7 ?
If I may: how is that done and how would one go about determining which version is currently on my device ?

Thanks in advance.
You guys are great.

how would one go about determining which version is currently on my device?
You can find the current version in the About section of DJI GO.

DJI-GO-About.jpg

Reactions: RiveRatt
You can find the current version in the About section of DJI GO.

View attachment 21610

Just checking if anyone has bricked anything during this process despite a flash not "completing."

Also, if you blow away the newer DJI Go to put the more stable 4.0.6 will you lose flight log data or is there a way to preserve this? I exported the blackbox as well but these files appear to be encrypted. I have been uploading to Airdata but I do not subscribe to the paid version of it.

Best flying I have had,rolled back to .700,using 4.0.6 on dji go4,best range,no glitches and my confidence is back with flying,can't get any better.No problems with video or pictures either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on 4.08 go 4 (IOS) Is that OK or better to downgrade to 4.0.6?

thx

bob

I just got the Mavic rolled back from .900 to .700 and have 2 of 3 batteries rolled back. :) Charging up the last battery for doing that one.

I want to roll back the RC as well to get some consistency but I am seeing a sparse amount of documentation about doing this properly. I do not like to guess on firmware update procedures with third party tools and risk bricking something.

What is the procedure with DUMLdore and how should the controller be physically connected? I connected the drone via USB to my computer and turned on and connected RC to the drone (no cable plugged into it). I did a Backup in the tool with Controller selected and it appears to be backing up a 106MB file which I believe to be the Aircraft. Why isn't backing up just the RC firmware?

Also, do I load the file V01.03.0700_RC_Mavic_dji_system.bin into the DUMLdore before selecting controller and flashing? Or do I load V01.03.0700_Mavic_dji_system.bin for controller backup? Can someone clarify how to do this? It seems like it makes sense for everything to be on the same firmware version since the QC process at DJI was probably done in that configuration. Thanks!

How do you roll back the batteries to match v01.03.700

I managed the AC and RC downgrades, but while going through the settings I got a disconnect! I have been running the newest firmware add never had any disconnect....thought I would try rolling back as a lot of people saying it is the best firmware version

@jimmy johnson

Plug in the RC to pc
Start assistant to check connection
Close assistant
Start Dumbledore
Back up RC firmware
Load firmware and select the RC bin file (wait a few minutes)
Select flash firmware
Watch RC screen for progress

I managed the AC and RC downgrades, but while going through the settings I got a disconnect! I have been running the newest firmware add never had any disconnect....thought I would try rolling back as a lot of people saying it is the best firmware version

To roll back the batteries, you put a battery into the bird that has not been upgraded/downgraded yet and power it on. Turn on the controller and start up DJI Go 4. During that screen where you see the picture of the drone is where it pops up device version status information. It will notice the battery is out of sync or version mismatch and present a slide bar to upgrade. You slide that and then it starts at like 44% and restarts the drone at around 99% and then should indicate 100%. That was my experience with my two spares although one guy on here did have a hiccup earlier in the thread and had to jump through extra hoops.

Reactions: angusc
@angusc

Awesome! That worked. Got the RC downgraded as well. I noticed that after you click flash and hit cancel, it does not cancel. :) I had less than 50% RC battery and was going to charge it up but it didn't let me. Fortunately, the flash is quite quick.

Did you also roll back DJI GO 4? I am about to do this since 4.0.6 on Android supposedly works well with .700

No I'm still on the latest android version of DJI Go pro.....where do you find the 4.0.6 app?

Edit: ok a Google search found that version. Please let me know how you get on with it, I'm going to try flying the .700 with the current app 4.1.9 to see how it all works out.

Last edited:
No I'm still on the latest android version of DJI Go pro.....where do you find the 4.0.6 app?

Edit: ok a Google search found that version. Please let me know how you get on with it, I'm going to try flying the .700 with the current app 4.1.9 to see how it all works out.

Check out youtube link below. In the comments he has links and also explains how to disable the update prompt. Unfortunately, I have VPN's and all kinds of network apps already installed so I don't think this firewall is really going to work for me. I probably need to edit the hosts file and my device is rooted anyway. Hopefully blocking DJI's IP is not going to break syncing flight records and other things but I guess it probably will. I noticed that putting it into airplane mode seems to cause these annoyances to cease but sometimes you can forget to do that.

Will have to do a test flight in the next 24 hours. :)

Reactions: NortiRascal
Is anyone having trouble getting the app to open? When I open the app it says enter email but my keyboard won’t come up. I am running iOS 11 on an iPhone 8 plus. Tried downloading app to my daughters iPhone 6 running iOS 10. Same problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada