DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

So I tested out the rolled back 700 firmware along with the 4.0.6 Android app. Before the downgrade I deleted dji.go.v4 and DJI/dji.go.v4 directories in /sdcard and installed 4.0.6 and used it in airplane mode.

App crashed twice on me, one of them was in flight, the other at the end of a flight after landing. Also in the DJI_RECORD folder, it is creating some bogus 40MB mp4 files that are unplayable and not saving my video on the phone ( they should be much larger than this). I did set it to record video to cache in general settings. Also, the DJI sync to the cloud from 4.1.9 and back to this does not seem to work and I can't see my flights after logging in and syncing.

Also had a map issue where I could not see the map and had to restart the app.

Not sure what to do about it. Seems like 4.0.6 is a bust for me with all these issues. The newer version didn't have any of these problems. I still got decent footage on the drone itself and the signal was pretty rock solid other than the app hiccups.

So if I go to the latest DJI GO 4 app and stay on 0700 firmware and block DJI's update servers, will I be losing any capability?

Hi,
anyone managed to roll back to 03.700 from 04.0000 without any problem?

Hi Guys,

I’ve been talking to dirkclod about having a how to vid / thread posted where we can help each other rollback firmware. This could be using assistant, pyduml or DUMLDore. Dirkclod is going to allow this as long as we don’t talk about modding the Mavic or changing the parameters. Admins don’t want that here and it’s their choice. Let’s man up and keep this thread specific to only rolling back firmware. If y’all get off topic and post mods and paremeters, the thread will be closed and you will have egg on your face. Don’t be the guy who gets this thread shutdown.

Main steps you need:
1. Download the Dumldore tool: GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
2. Download the firmware: dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub
3. Connect Aircraft to assistant, verify connectivity
4. Close assistant
5. Open Dumldore tool
6. backup aircraft
7. Load firmware
8. Flash firmware
9. Open assistant
10. Watch firmware finish
11. Fly!

again, links:

GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V1.81
dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub

Few points:
- if you don’t understand any of this dear god don’t try to do it
- make backup first. If backup fails, the upgrade probably will fail too
- make sure you use the right firmware
- DO NOT ASK WHAT FIRMWARE ALLOWS WHAT MODS IN MAVIC, YOU WILL GET THIS THREAD SHUTDOWN

Big props to the guys at slack, they made all this happen, they deserve much respect for the work for the community.

Please, please follow these simple rules. If you wanna talk bout mods please go to to other forums.

Dirkclod and admins thank you for allowing this post. I’m optimistic these savages can stay well behaved ;)

The DUMLdor software now has a "unlock" button when you start it. Anyone know what it does?

Or is this something we dont talk about here? if it is just please respond with " no comment"

Last edited:
The DUMLdor software now has a "unlock" button when you start it. Anyone know what it does?

Or is this something we dont talk about here? if it is just please respond with " no comment"
It's unlocking the spark AFAIK, if it's been grounded by the mandatory firmware update.

Reactions: diveinstructor
I still haven't been able to change firmwares using dumldore, it either fails, goes through and remains the same or does nothing.

VM ware flashes work okay.

I'm wondering if the pyduml method would work better...I just want the AC on .0700

Hi everyone,

I started using my MP nearly a year ago and loved it with Litchi. Now after updating I can't get the Pano or Waypoints to work. I can't even test my drone in my back yard because of NFZ. I'm 71 and am trying to understand how to roll back my firmware. The early firmware is not on my Assistant program. I'm not to technical and couldn't find Dumbledore or how to use it. Can someone show me or give me a link to explain how-to get back to the early firmware?

Hi everyone,

I started using my MP nearly a year ago and loved it with Litchi. Now after updating I can't get the Pano or Waypoints to work. I can't even test my drone in my back yard because of NFZ. I'm 71 and am trying to understand how to roll back my firmware. The early firmware is not on my Assistant program. I'm not to technical and couldn't find Dumbledore or how to use it. Can someone show me or give me a link to explain how-to get back to the early firmware?

Hi there, watch this YouTube how to use Dumbledore:

It seems more complicated than it actually is, just make sure you can do a back up before trying to flash .700 to both your aircraft and then the controller. Then when you connect with DJI Go 4 app it will give you a software mismatch message......that's only the battery firmware need to be updated, so accept to update and then the battery firmware will be updated. You have to repeat this for each battery once.

Other YouTube video in this series explain about the NFZ workaround.

Last edited:
where and how do you find and download older ver of go4 for ios...please help me out..

there's no mention of older dji go4 ver for ios that i've seen FW yes older app files no.

Last edited:
Thank you that was what i needed.. Last ? I get the 30m 50m error downgraded to 700.. signed out and back in just for the heck of it it doesn't restrict my flight but I'm a little worried about it will it one day not let me fly back home do something crazy or can i ignore it..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas