DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I'm trying to flash using DUMLdore back to 0700 but I keep getting the error message: Timed out attempting to contact the FTP server on the device.. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.Seems to me like there is some type of Block, currently I have the 0800 as it was stock when I bought the Mavic...Any help would be much appreciated.. Thank you
Are you connecting the AC to your PC then running DJI assistant 2 to see if it connects?

You don't even need to do that,
connect AC/RC,
Open DUMLdore
To see if its connected it'll say the com port number in the status bar

I'm trying to flash using DUMLdore back to 0700 but I keep getting the error message: Timed out attempting to contact the FTP server on the device.. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.Seems to me like there is some type of Block, currently I have the 0800 as it was stock when I bought the Mavic...Any help would be much appreciated.. Thank you

Are you using the latest version of DUMLdore?
if you are downgrading from 03.1000 or 04.0000 you have to use the latest version.

Couldnt do any of this on the P3A, loving the fact that if the FW causes issues I can now easily roll it back using this tool. Ive no need to at the moment as all is well, but maybe one day

Hi,
I'm having a problem downgrading from the latest version (4.0000) to 0700. It allows me to downgrade but once I go to the controller/app, I get the "Main Controller Error" error, with a "Data Recording Error" and "Data Logger error", and it won't let me start the motors!

Is there a fix for this or is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks

Are you connecting the AC to your PC then running DJI assistant 2 to see if it connects?
Hey Thanks for replying, When I run the DJI Assistant 2 Yes the assistant picks the Mavic up, even when I open the DUMLdore it says connected COM3. I will post an attachment of what it says below. When I go to load the 0700 firmware nothing happens then I get this error message. I watched a couple videos, read the installation instructions to a T , it just will not load the 0700.I get an error that says FTP with like an IP address or something.. . I appreciate the help, so thanks again..

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    147.5 KB · Views: 52
Are you using the latest version of DUMLdore?
if you are downgrading from 03.1000 or 04.0000 you have to use the latest version.
Yes, I'm using the latest one v1.92. Pretty sure that is the latest one, well as of like September 19th..Thanks for helping my friend

Reactions: Dronion
Already tried that, even when they are both on the same version it doesn't work.

To new at this to help but have you tried going back to the latest firmware?

Also did you try backing up the FW before downgrading, it says that if that fails then don't try downgrading

Hi,
I'm having a problem downgrading from the latest version (4.0000) to 0700. It allows me to downgrade but once I go to the controller/app, I get the "Main Controller Error" error, with a "Data Recording Error" and "Data Logger error", and it won't let me start the motors!

Is there a fix for this or is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks

Did you downgrade AC and RC without any error?
It seems to be a problem related to the internal flight data recorder, maybe the data logger service cannot write data anymore on the internal glued sd card.
Did you try to perform a factory reset?

Last edited:
Hey Thanks for replying, When I run the DJI Assistant 2 Yes the assistant picks the Mavic up, even when I open the DUMLdore it says connected COM3. I will post an attachment of what it says below. When I go to load the 0700 firmware nothing happens then I get this error message. I watched a couple videos, read the installation instructions to a T , it just will not load the 0700.I get an error that says FTP with like an IP address or something.. . I appreciate the help, so thanks again..
Yes try to re download the .700 firmware. If nit dont work I can upload the .700 firmware I used. Mine loaded no problems at all

Did you downgrade AC and RC without any error?
It seems to be a problem related to the internal flight data recorder, maybe the data logger service cannot write data anymore on the internal glued sd card.
Did you try to perform a factory reset?
Yep, no error when downgrading, only when I try to fly. And yes I tried factory reset but that didn't fix it. However when I reinstall the latest firmware (4.0000) I can fly again, but then I tried again to go to 0700 and the same error happens when trying to fly.

Last edited:
Yes try to re download the .700 firmware. If nit dont work I can upload the .700 firmware I used. Mine loaded no problems at all
Okay, I just re downloaded & still getting the same result. Gosh this is so irritating lol... I appreciate your help, thank you. I will see what else I can research to get this working!

Yep, no error when downgrading, only when I try to fly. And yes I tried factory reset but that didn't fix it. However when I reinstall the latest firmware (4.0000) I can fly again, but then I tried again to go to 0700 and the same error happens when trying to fly.

It seems that the latest firmware has changed permanently the way the logs are stored so when downgrading there is some inconsistency. I would like to know if someone here has performed the same downgrade (04.0000 to 03.0700) without your same issue.
I would try to downgrade to 03.1000 in the official way (assistant 2) and then to 03.0700...

It seems that the latest firmware has changed permanently the way the logs are stored so when downgrading there is some inconsistency. I would like to know if someone here has performed the same downgrade (04.0000 to 03.0700) without your same issue.
I would try to downgrade to 03.1000 in the official way (assistant 2) and then to 03.0700...
Alright thanks I will try that

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki