DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

now can't update with anything,shows fw as 00000000,unit is now packed up ready to ship to DJI

Last edited:
You could try the 1.4.0000 bat linked above

By the way, I found that when Assistant shows a dialog that battery has inconsistent fw, I simply click confirm and it performs the match without breaking any mods (e.g. 1.4.0000- works). And it's very fast. So, this is an alternative to flashing mismatched batteries with bat FW using flash tools.

I found some issues with ".900 + 1.4.000-": FPV mode doesn't work, and Fixed Wing is rarely working, most of the time it stops once the throttle is released. Bummer. Did anyone with 1.4.0000- (with 305&306 either from .400, .700, or .900) test FPV and Fixed Wing?

I think Fixed Wing actually "works", it's just disengages itself if it was initiated at too high speed; it seems that this behavior has nothing to do with ".900 + 1.4.000-".

Well? I think I will stick with my original classic FW 0400.

Anyone running .700 and a CrystalSky?
Which app version are you running on the CS?
Any issues to report?

Rolled the Mavic Pro, all four batteries and the RC back to .700 today (all from 01.04.0000)

Been reading this thread all week (it's kinda large now!) and been building up the courage all week to take the plunge. The when news broke today of the new UK laws that are due to come, this was the final straw for me.

I shall now fly in airplane mode forever more Thumbswayup

Weather here in the UK is terrible today so not flown with it yet using the CS (which is running the latest version of everything) so I will report back on that later in the week,

Just wanted to say a huge shout out to @digdat0 and everyone else that made this possible. Sincerely, thank you :D

The flash firmware with mixed module 305 & 306 broke the RTH functionality partially and completely the precision landing functionality.
I tested the .400 and .700 modules 305 & 306 with the .1000 firmware.
In all cases, for the RTH, the nose of the Mavic don't orientate to the initial position. So it's a minor problem but it's mean RTH is less secure.
For the precision landing, the function is completely unusable. At take off, we can select the Precision Landing function with .700 ( missing with .400) but on landing, it's inoperative.

The flash firmware with mixed module 305 & 306 broke the RTH functionality partially and completely the precision landing functionality.
In all cases, for the RTH, the nose of the Mavic don't orientate to the initial position. So it's a minor problem but it's mean RTH is less secure.
For the precision landing, the function is completely unusable. At take off, we can select the Precision Landing function with .700 ( missing with .400) but on landing, it's inoperative.
I think 900 fw will fix rth

Yep, that's why I'm flying .900 -> 1.4.0000-305&306, RTH works great, Goggles work great, but NFZs are there. One of the reasons I like precision RTH is cool smooth footage with the camera pointing straight down at the landing pad, when launching between tall trees. Extremely visual.

Anyone tried this path:

stock .400 -> .700- -> .900- -> 1.4.0000-?

(here "-" means 305, 306, 905 removed)

On stock .900 you have only the height removal limit, but the sport+ is partial (horizontal vmax is not moddable)

On stock .0000, the parameters are the same as .1000 : height removal limit not changeable (500 m. max), sport+ v-asc and v-desc at 8 m/s

Finally, the stock .0000 is correct. (dynamic home point is a good thing in this fw)

This param affect airspeed but not on .900
I can achieved 83 km/h with some wind ...; so the speed test should be done with no wind at all.

I can achieved 83 km/h with some wind ...; so the speed test should be done with no wind at all.

Yeah, speeds in tailwind are meaningless; it's airspeed that matters. My 20-20.5m/s number is with wind averaged out on up/downwind runs, so it's pretty close to true airspeed. And it can achieve this speed with that param being the default 10.

if upgrade the version 1.4.100 you are lost, i have v1.4.000 and never go to upgrade, ******* DJI is trash. they just make updates with addons for that the people upgrade and block the system downgrade, now just waiting for found the solution anyway the new option "pane" is not enough for me.

I'm on unmodded 1.0.4.0000 firmware can I just go straight down to .700? Old mavic btw.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569