DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to show items on your display in go 4

BKeck

Reactions
I flew my mavic air yesterday, when I had the screen showing what the camera sees I also had the orientation tool visible in the lower left corner and the small square map window visible in the lower right corner. When I went to fly today I only have the orientation tool visible, I can toggle to the map from the orientation tool and back which will show one or the other but not both. How can I make it show both again like in the pic I have attached? I am using an android galaxy s8.
Thanks

Attachments

• dji go pic.png
    dji go pic.png
    390.1 KB · Views: 56
I hope I understood correctly what your problem is. You see, your message first lists three items: camera view, map view and orientation tool ("radar"). Then you talk about "both". But I understand that you're not getting camera view on your S8. Some Samsung devices are quite tricky to use with DJI drones. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has been a real PITA. My S8+ smartphone is much better, as regards connection with drones, but it too may get confused if/when I have multiple apps installed on my phone that use the USB port. Try doing a cold restart on your phone and drone, use a good quality USB cable, etc. When you launch DJI GO4, what do you see as the device? Is it Mavice Air or something more generic? In other words, does your DJI GO4 app correctly recognize the drone before you press "Go Fly"? Also, if you have multiple apps that use the USB port, make sure that none is set as the default when a USB device is attached. (That's in Settings > Apps > Defaults.)

AFAIK the exact user interface of the Go 4 App changes, depending on which display size/type you are using. There might be also differences between iOS / Android/ crystal sky and smart controller

- smaller displays (smartphones) : you have to toggle between the „map view“ and what you call „radar“ (drone attitude indicator)
- large displays (eg tablets) show both (map and compass) at the same time using the lower left and right corner

These 2 videos explain the indicators more in depth

Map view
For this view you can toggle between
A) camera picture = large / map = small (standard)
Or
B) map view = large / camera picture = small
... by tapping on the small view.

Attitude indicator (radar)
Beginners often don’t see what this view is good for. Anyhow there are good reasons to have it. It acts like a compass, showing your remote controls (your own) and your aircrafts orientation.
Also it shows where your drowns own 3D orientation vs the horizon is. Eg flying forward the nose of your drone needs to bend down, even if your camera can show a complete horizontal view of the horizon as the gimbal rotates the camera up to show this.

Fly safe :)
Martin

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast