DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to silence camera shutter sound and lower volume on controller?

Aces High

Reactions
How do you silence the camera shutter sound when taking a photo with the Mavic Air 2? I've already silenced my iPhone (turned the side switch to vibrate with the orange showing) and when the controller is not attached, there is no shutter noise when I take a photo. But once I attach the phone to the controller and take a photo, there is a loud camera shutter noise. It's very annoying and attracts too much attention. Also, how does one lower the volume on the controller in general, like when the voice tells you "the home point has been recorded..." etc.?

How do you silence the camera shutter sound when taking a photo with the Mavic Air 2? I've already silenced my iPhone (turned the side switch to vibrate with the orange showing) and when the controller is not attached, there is no shutter noise when I take a photo. But once I attach the phone to the controller and take a photo, there is a loud camera shutter noise. It's very annoying and attracts too much attention. Also, how does one lower the volume on the controller in general, like when the voice tells you "the home point has been recorded..." etc.?
Where does the sound come from?
With the Phantoms, the shutter sound (and most others) comes from the speaker in your phone or tablet.
Turning the volume down turns them all down.

Weird thing just happened. I did turn down the volume on my phone before and it didn't work. But I tried it again just now and it did! It must have been a temporary glitch... Thank you for your reply.

Weird thing just happened. I did turn down the volume on my phone before and it didn't work. But I tried it again just now and it did! It must have been a temporary glitch... Thank you for your reply.
iPhone or Android? if it's an iPhone, the volume buttons control different volumes (phone ringer, app volume, music volume) depending on what you are viewing

I've noticed on the MA2, when you put the phone in the controller, one of the little nubs that are used to secure the phone pushes in the silent button and turns the sound on sometimes. I always keep my phone on silent but it will turn that button off when putting it in the holder. I have an iPhone 8 and it might just be it's the right size for that to hit in that particular spot.

Reactions: Aces High
I've noticed on the MA2, when you put the phone in the controller, one of the little nubs that are used to secure the phone pushes in the silent button and turns the sound on sometimes. I always keep my phone on silent but it will turn that button off when putting it in the holder. I have an iPhone 8 and it might just be it's the right size for that to hit in that particular spot.
Yes! I noticed this, too, soon after my last reply here. I have an iPhone 11 and the same thing happens. So now, before flying, I just check to see that the volume didn't get accidentally turned up by the controller.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada