DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to stop continuous autofocus?

Jase

Reactions
I'm just wondering how to stop continuous autofocus.

I tap to focus on the distance I want but when flying the Mavic will autofocus on certain things which leaves movement in the footage. I see there is manual focus but that is a little awkward I find when out and working off a small screen.

Can you tap to focus and keep that locked?

Thanks!

DJI-GO-Enable-AFC-Mode.jpg

Reactions: Jase and Gary cato
I'm just wondering how to stop continuous autofocus.

I tap to focus on the distance I want but when flying the Mavic will autofocus on certain things which leaves movement in the footage. I see there is manual focus but that is a little awkward I find when out and working off a small screen.

Can you tap to focus and keep that locked?

Thanks!

So what's your focus plan? Continuous focus to infinity?

There's an option in the camera settings for AF-C which you can turn off, then it'll only focus when you tap.

Thank you both, can't believe I misses that must have looked a 100 times.

So what's your focus plan? Continuous focus to infinity?

Yes that is the intention. For instance I was doing a flight over a beach the other day and hald way through it decided to focus on some rocks which when played back was visible.

Reactions: Henry Chong
Yeah.. turn off AF-C, tap off into the horizon and you should be good.

Reactions: Jase
Is there an option to switch on/off continuous autofocus quickly (without going to the settings)? Really would like to have this (C1/C2, controller stick).

Why focus on the horizon. Fix focus about a third of the way into the view and let the depth of acceptable focus (also called depth of field) do the rest. With the tiny sensor and the focus fixed like this you can have acceptable focus from a few metres to infinity, well the horizon at least!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu