DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to stop DJI From adding images

I have had this as well on Samsung S7 Android. Also had every photo taken during flights saved in Gallery. There is an answer. Found a setting somewhere (sorry I don't know exact lingo) that stopped it. Seem to recall it was "copy to cache" or similar wording and switch it to off setting. Photos were already saved to micro sd card so no need to clutter up the phone. When I see this setting again will try to find this discussion and provide specific detail.

I would suggest a Wipe of the device. You most likely have been hacked. Where did you get the DJI GO 4 app?

I'd recommend wiping the phone, then microwaving it for 30 minutes. After that, put it in the dishwasher on pots & pans setting with heat dry. Then you need to drive it out of state where it should then be disposed of with explosives.

Oh, or maybe this isn't a hack, that was horrible advice, and it's a really annoying glitch created by DJI! I have the same issue. Very annoying.

EVERY time I open the DJI Go4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone I get a new ALBUM in my GALLERY titled DJI_SPALSH which may be Chinglish for Splash. It is a link to some of their advertising

Here is a screenshot

I Dunno View attachment 43511 :confused:
BerndM is 100% correct. That is why I fly with Litchi 99.9% of the time.

Go to the folder where those photos/videos are located, create a blank file in the folder and name it ".nomedia" (without the " ").

What do you mean precisely when you say "images and videos of other products?"
Android searches for media files (audio/video/image) and creates shortcuts to them in the appropriate app. You can have photos, videos or music scattered all over the place but they will always show up in the "right" place. Usually, app developers add a way to the media folders in their apps to prevent this from happening, so that those media files only appear in their app and nowhere else. Apparently, whoever developed DJI's GO4 app forgot to do it.

exactly adding images and videos in my photos app on android
The samething happens to my crystal sky monitor and ipad. I delete them all and a week later they are all back. Short DJI clips, like 5 seconds videos but a crap load of them. I wish they stop it.

LOL! Android........
My friend has a auto body shop with a small antique store in the front for his wife. She used his Android phone ONE TIME to take a few pictures of items in the store so she could put them on Facebook. Ever since that day every picture he takes, even damaged customer car photos for insurance claims are getting "Likes" from google. LOL! He got an award while I was there today congratulating him on reaching 10,000 views of some photo. Also he gets random stuff popping up on his screen all the time since that day. He yells at his phone "get of my f****ing phone! " He is not tech savy, doesnt even own a computer, never uses the internet for anything (old guy). I dont want to try and fix it because it is funny to me. The guy at the phone store told him how great this phone was going to be! LOL! :D

Reactions: Croc End
So... People are dumb, don't know what they're doing, misuse technology, and it's the OS's fault... Maybe you should try to convert your friend in to the Church of iSheep.
With all due respect, How else would you explain that probably less than 20% of the people using a particular android device cannot get DJI Go 4 to work for them, when the other 80% can? Same software, same hardware, different users.
I did not say it was the OS fault. Just saying it is not the softwares fault.

With all due respect, How else would you explain that probably less than 20% of the people using a particular android device cannot get DJI Go 4 to work for them, when the other 80% can? Same software, same hardware, different users.
I did not say it was the OS fault. Just saying it is not the softwares fault.
And I'm saying that 99.99% of the time, every issue people are having is due to user error. DJI GO4 is a resource hog. If people install all sorts of crap in their devices and have dozens of apps that run in the background, those precious resources will be used up before GO4 gets its "hands" on them. Another common issue is that people don't clean up the device's cache. Another one: filling up storage space with unnecessary files and just leaving them there. One more? Devices with low specs. The list is endless, but right down at the bottom is DJI GO4 as the culprit.

I sure would be upset if the IOS version was doing that to my iPhone. There doesn't appear to be any doubt about which app is doing it.

There must be an option somewhere in the Android version to turn that off. Even an idiot programmer knows that people do not like intrusive advertising.

I sure would be upset if the IOS version was doing that to my iPhone. There doesn't appear to be any doubt about which app is doing it.

There must be an option somewhere in the Android version to turn that off. Even an idiot programmer knows that people do not like intrusive advertising.
I am sure there is a way to turn it off, but who has the time to figure it out aside from die hard long time android users.
Android is an OS designed to run on very limited hardware. It runs kids toys and TV boxes, and can browse the internet. There is a reason you dont see high end Android laptops and desktops.

Android is an OS designed to run on very limited hardware. It runs kids toys and TV boxes, and can browse the internet. There is a reason you dont see high end Android laptops and desktops.

You couldn't be more wrong about that. Android is built on Linux, the most ubiquitous OS on the planet, in everything from microcontollers to supercomputers. Anyway, posting just to dish on Android is not helpful to the thread. Not everyone has to use the same phone, drone, or drive the same car - it's really ok...

You couldn't be more wrong about that. Android is built on Linux, the most ubiquitous OS on the planet, in everything from microcontollers to supercomputers. Anyway, posting just to dish on Android is not helpful to the thread. Not everyone has to use the same phone, drone, or drive the same car - it's really ok...
You're absolutely right, there.
The choice of OS, be it on a personal computer, tablet or smartphone is only dependant on each person's preference. The main problem is that most people don't understand the OS and their devices, and blame everything on hardware or software, when usually it's their own fault.

BUT, It is NOT linux, It is more like Microsoft CE (now dead) it has been stripped to accommodate small devices. Just like IOS has for portable devices.

This has hit a nerve with Android users I guess, as the hostility insues.....
Android is more complicated than IOS as far as the end user is concerned. IOS just works better with DJI products, That is not my fault or yours. it is probably because only ONE place makes IOS devices and they are all identical as far as processing is concerned.
If you dont take the time to understand the workings of Android, you will meet with problems. That is just how it is.
it is not about my phone is better than yours, it is about the amount of people with ANDROID troubles.
Maybe some of the Android experts can find threads with people having problems and help them, instead of leaving it to the Apple users, and quit looking for threads to spread their "anti apple" mentality.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S