DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to tell if your Mav Air is a FCC or CE model

Ricey

Reactions
I purchased my Mav Air when I was over in the US, and I am now about to head back to the UK.

How can I tell if its the FCC version, and what will happen when I get back to the UK, will it limit its range to meet the CE requirements automatically when flown back home or when system updates?

New to drones, so sorry if this has been answered in the past on the forums

Thanks in advance

Ricey

There is only one version of the Mavic Air. It'll automatically switch between FCC and CE based on the current location reported by the Mavic Air's internal GPS receiver.

There is only one version of the Mavic Air. It'll automatically switch between FCC and CE based on the current location reported by the Mavic Air's internal GPS receiver.

Msinger

Thanks for the info, good to know, thought i'd have to buy a UK controller to meet the regulations

Thanks again

Ricey

Or, when you get back and it prompts you with the region change question, you hit cancel and stay in FCC! That way you keep the extra power output that this offers for a more reliable connection!

How do you know which mode it is in out of the box. I would hate to be in CE mode and hit no when it asks to change.

Well apart from the fact that changing it back is easy-peasy, the OP already said he bought it in the US, so it will be in FCC by default. So when he gets to the UK he'll get the popup to change geography which he just needs to cancel. Job done.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Hi guys I have a quick question, is the controller different in the EU than in the US? I need to buy a new controller for my MA, but do not know if they're all the same, or if the ones in Europe are limited in any way. My potential seller is in the UK I think.

Thanks for any help.

Enrique

Hi guys I have a quick question, is the controller different in the EU than in the US? I need to buy a new controller for my MA, but do not know if they're all the same, or if the ones in Europe are limited in any way. My potential seller is in the UK I think.

Thanks for any help.

Enrique

Identical. Any flight envelope limitations are software driven by the app.

Turn it on indoors and make sure whatever devices your using for you video have their GPS and WIFI turned off. Check the wifi setting in DJI GO 4. If your in FCC mode you will only have 11 2.4ghz channels, if your in CE mode you will have 13 2.4ghz channels.

I advise keeping it in FCC mode if it is already configured. If not then I advise hacking it to FCC mode. The guide to do this is on Youtube and very easy to do.

Turn it on indoors and make sure whatever devices your using for you video have their GPS and WIFI turned off. Check the wifi setting in DJI GO 4. If your in FCC mode you will only have 11 2.4ghz channels, if your in CE mode you will have 13 2.4ghz channels.

I advise keeping it in FCC mode if it is already configured. If not then I advise hacking it to FCC mode. The guide to do this is on Youtube and very easy to do.

I've tried this - I get 13 channels every time. What am I doing wrong?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada