DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to turn all leds off

Sunflash

Reactions
I live by the sea and the drone got attacked twice by seagulls. Ok not really attacked but they are definitely interested in the drone and come very close what is obviously kinda dangerous. Now to my question. I want to turn off all leds. Because I think it is the blinking light which attracts them mainly.
in this video is a Mavic shown which turns also the back led off when the fronts are turned off. Do you have an idea how to turn them all of? Thank you guys!

The guy in that video installed a small relay that is connected to the front LED lights so that when the front LED's are turned off then the rear light is also turned off. One would need to open the Mavic Pro and do some wiring and soldering.

Reactions: Sunflash
The guy in that video installed a small relay that is connected to the front LED lights so that when the front LED's are turned off then the rear light is also turned off. One would need to open the Mavic Pro and do some wiring and soldering.

Thank you for the response. Actually that’s what I thought as well. I think I could get it done. Do you came up with the idea yourself or did you find some detail online? A wiring scheme would be awesome

Thank you for the response. Actually that’s what I thought as well. I think I could get it done. Do you came up with the idea yourself or did you find some detail online? A wiring scheme would be awesome

I dont have a schematic , but it would be straight forward to construct one. The Cap or Duct tape idea is a much better way to go as disassembling the Mavic always means there is potential to break something on the disassembly or reassembly.

Birds are going to be attracted by or perhaps more accurately feel threatened by or want to attack other things flying. Do you see birds only going after other birds that have LED’s

Reactions: Carl36
Must admit I was wondering if it was worth being able to switch off all the led lights for a few reasons: not really visible during daylight, may save a tiny bit of power that could make all the difference . Peter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece