DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to update Rc controller fly app?

I am an iPhone/Apple guy. I just got my mini 3 pro with the new rc controller. How do I update the dji fly app on the controller?

If it's like the others it will pop up a message on the screen for firmware and/or fly app updates..

I am an iPhone/Apple guy. I just got my mini 3 pro with the new rc controller. How do I update the dji fly app on the controller?
I think you’ll need to connect with hotspot, at least that’s how I update my Evo 2 SmartController. Once updated, no need to connect with hotspot again.

@Murdoch the fly app is already installed in the controller when you turn it on for the first time to register then it will tell you to download the latest firmware it takes a while and includes the RC and batteries as well ,you will need a good stable internet connection to do this

I guess my confusion is after all the updates I can do with firmware the new controller is only on version 1.6.1 while my phone is on 1.6.4

Reactions: old man mavic
@Murdoch yes mine is as well there is often a difference between the App version when on iso or android nothing new

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64