DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use key frames for cinematic footage

vicvideopic

Reactions
How to use key frames to edit drone footage, time lapses and 4k video.
Adjust luminosity over time, straighten horizon, zoom, tilt and pan
Modify message

Great video you have some very good ones. I have question for you. What’s your thoughts on After Effects auto color or auto levels to key in the exposure automatically? It’s a feature I love in theory but I haven’t been getting great results in practice. Which is a shame because it saves SO much time over key frames.

Reactions: vicvideopic
Nice, this is what I’m currently playing with and trying to learn to be proficient at. Good timing :)

I’m trying to get a nice sunset behind the city, transitioning from day to dark, and the challenge of the camera settings needing to be very different throughout the shoot.
Plus the fact that 25 min doesn’t seem to be quite long enough for the transition to complete darkness.

Reactions: vicvideopic
Great video you have some very good ones. I have question for you. What’s your thoughts on After Effects auto color or auto levels to key in the exposure automatically? It’s a feature I love in theory but I haven’t been getting great results in practice. Which is a shame because it saves SO much time over key frames.
Many thanks Brett,
to be honest I do not use the auto features much, although it can be useful as a starting point.
I practically shoot only close to sunrise and sunset, because of the much better light, so I need to adjust light over the course of the clips, using key frames.
Once you get used to it, it goes very quickly

Reactions: brett8883
Nice, this is what I’m currently playing with and trying to learn to be proficient at. Good timing :)

I’m trying to get a nice sunset behind the city, transitioning from day to dark, and the challenge of the camera settings needing to be very different throughout the shoot.
Plus the fact that 25 min doesn’t seem to be quite long enough for the transition to complete darkness.
Thank you,
sunset are not easy, but that is why it is fun shooting them.
With drones sunset are a very big challenge, not easy at all.

The time you need for the day to night transition depends a lot from where you are.
In London I used to aim for a couple of hours. Now I am in Sicily and I aim for about 40 minutes.
The close you are to the equator, the faster the transition is.
In any case with 25 minutes you probably cannot get the whole transition, but a good part of it

Reactions: BigAl07
Yea I just tried one with 3 battery changes over the time.
Not a great success, but I’m going to keep trying :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan