DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to validate the Spanish Drone License in the UK?

MartiCastell

Reactions
Good morning everyone.

My name is Marti, I'm a professional drone pilot in Spain, month ago I came to live to the UK and I would like to start to work again as a drone pilot, following the regulations of CAA and have the commercial license.

My question is, anyone knows how to validate the Spanish drone license in the UK? Because honestly, I wouldn't like to have to pass the test again and pay all the courses, as the regulations are the same in the UK.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thank you.

welcome to the forum, i would say your best bet is to contact the CAA directly and they will be able to advise you ,if you go on their web site the info should be available plus contact numbers

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum :)

Good morning everyone.

My name is Marti, I'm a professional drone pilot in Spain, month ago I came to live to the UK and I would like to start to work again as a drone pilot, following the regulations of CAA and have the commercial license.

My question is, anyone knows how to validate the Spanish drone license in the UK? Because honestly, I wouldn't like to have to pass the test again and pay all the courses, as the regulations are the same in the UK.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thank you.Hello,

Time ago I asked to CAA what to do in regards to my EASA A2 CofC that I obtained in Italy (the exam is even harder).
They replied:
-----
Thank you for your email.

After 31st Dec 2020, UK is third country to EU and Vice versa and therefore we do not accept any foreign qualifications for any means of alternate compliance. In future this is possible with any agreements between countries but for now you have to go through these courses and obtain relevant certificates from CAA approved RAE’s.
_________

So I took the course again plus the exam. I do not know if the same is valid for every kind of license or not.
Try to ask to them,
Regards,
StockTrader - Marco

If you're coming from the older professional regulations it'll likely be some form of crossover to GVC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM