DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to view controller joystick position M3

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a mavic 3 and I sometimes get a jerky gimble/camera occurrence and I'd like to find out if it's my input that I am not noticing. I know I have seen a screen showing the position of the joysticks but I can't recall how I got to it or what program I might have been using. I have Telemetry Overlay and I don't see the option there. Airdata doesn't show anything like that. If you know how I can view the joystick images on screen during playback of a video of a flight I'd greatly appreciate it.

You can see the remote controller stick positions in my online log viewer or Flight Reader.
I looked at the free online version and it really looked well done. I'm sure that's some very interesting programming! Unfortunately what I need is to be able to see the joystick movements while I am viewing the video itself. I can't match the google earth view to the timing of the aberrations that I suspect. It may be that my recollection of seeing joystick movements was from your viewer and there is no such option to view the joystick movements while viewing a video like in Telemetry. I'm guessing if it was possible to do then Telemetry (the app) would be doing it. Your program, however is really interesting and I know I will be checking it out further at some point. Thanks.

Unfortunately what I need is to be able to see the joystick movements while I am viewing the video itself
You'd need to import the data generated by my log viewers (or another log viewer) into an application that is able to overlay that data on top of a video.

You'd need to import the data generated by my log viewers (or another log viewer) into an application that is able to overlay that data on top of a video.
Exactly so. That's why I asked, "If you know how I can view the joystick images on screen during playback of a video of a flight I'd greatly appreciate it." but I appreciate your attempt to help.

I have telemetry but unless I'm missing something it doesn't have an option to show the position of the sticks.

Which application are you using to add the data to the video? What kind of file are you feeding into that application?

Which application are you using to add the data to the video? What kind of file are you feeding into that application?
I have telemetry overlay and I input my video file from the my M3. The program doesn't seem consistent. It doesn't appear to work with My FPV files from my goggles. Sometimes after adding an .mov file it asks for the telemetry data (srt file) other times the telemetry data seems to be baked into the video file. I have, however, never seen an overlay for the positions of the joysticks. This is on a Mac.

however, never seen an overlay for the positions of the joysticks
That data will only be found in the TXT flight log. You'll need to extract it from there (using a log viewer like one of mine above) and import that extracted data into the application you're using to overlay it on top of your videos.

I have a mavic 3 and I sometimes get a jerky gimble/camera occurrence and I'd like to find out if it's my input that I am not noticing.
You don't have any way to affect the gimbal camera movement.
Your joystick input only moves the drone and the gimbal acts on its own to keep the camera level.

Not sure about the M3 but I can tap on profile (DJI Fly) then on the bottom left tap on more> then tap on the flight I want to see that shows a map symbol and it goes to a video of that flight either in animation or can switch to satilite view, then tap on the joy stick symbol on top right and it will over lay the stick movements over the map. Ken Heron on youtube as an episode (Top 5 DJI Mini 2 Tips) that shows all of this, about 5 minutes in.

Not sure about the M3 but I can tap on profile (DJI Fly) then on the bottom left tap on more> then tap on the flight I want to see that shows a map symbol and it goes to a video of that flight either in animation or can switch to satilite view, then tap on the joy stick symbol on top right and it will over lay the stick movements over the map. Ken Heron on youtube as an episode (Top 5 DJI Mini 2 Tips) that shows all of this, about 5 minutes in.
outstanding . that was right there for me all the time. thanks for the heads up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick