DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to view videos on iPad Air 2

Sitka78

Reactions
Seems like all I can see on my iPad is the flight path and not the actual videos. What am I missing in my settings? I would like to see them without being hooked up to the aircraft and see them on all my devices, not just the PC.

Last edited:
Seems like all I can see on my iPad is the flight path and not the actual videos. What am I missing in my settings? I would like to see them without being hooked up to the aircraft and see them on all my devices, not just the PC.
If you hit the DJI logo in the top left corner that should take you to the main page where at the bottom is the Editor tab. Click on that and you should see your videos, photos etc. Bryan.

If you hit the DJI logo in the top left corner that should take you to the main page where at the bottom is the Editor tab. Click on that and you should see your videos, photos etc. Bryan.
Thanks, I tried that but got only one 30 second video. I had flown out about a mile and a half and flew for 15 minutes. I saw all the video on my PC bot not on the iPad??? Must be something else.

With the aircraft turn on and connected, towards the bottom of the right hand corner there should be an arrow in a a box click on that and it should take you to your videos,that is if the micro Sd card is still in the Drone.

With the aircraft turn on and connected, towards the bottom of the right hand corner there should be an arrow in a a box click on that and it should take you to your videos,that is if the micro Sd card is still in the Drone.
Thanks, I understand that. How can I see the videos on all my devices without having to have the aircraft connected? Is there some way to record on the phone or tablet while recording video? That way I could view it once the aircraft is disconnected.

In the flying screen, select the top right hand (general settings) drop down menu. Then tap the three dots at the very bottom of the menu.. There you'll see an option to Cache video during video shooting. Slide the button to 'on'. Once you've done that, you'll be recording the signal coming from the drone whenever you're recording. Note that it's only a max of 1080P and any glitches that might occur in the signal during flight will be recorded.

You can view and edit this cached video on your iPad. On the DJI Go screen that appears when you open the app select Editor from the bottom row. (To get to the startup screen when on the flying screen, tap the DJI letters on the top left side of the screen).

Once you've selected Editor, the editor screen will pop up. On the top of the screen, select Album and then Videos. You will see your videos there.

Also.. If the craft is powered up, you can view what's currently on your MicroSD card by tapping the small arrow in a box icon on the lower right hand side of the screen.

Not sure how you'd make your video available on your computer and other devices. There might be some way of doing it through iCloud, but it's something I've never explored.

Last edited:
In the flying screen, select the top right hand (general settings) drop down menu. Then tap the three dots at the very bottom of the menu.. There you'll see an option to Cache video during video shooting. Slide the button to 'on'. Once you've done that, you'll be recording the signal coming from the drone whenever you're recording. Note that it's only a max of 1080P and any glitches that might occur in the signal during flight will be recorded.

You can view and edit this cached video on your iPad. On the DJI Go screen that appears when you open the app select Editor from the bottom row. (To get to the startup screen when on the flying screen, tap the DJI letters on the top left side of the screen).

Once you've selected Editor, the editor screen will pop up. On the top of the screen, select Album and then Videos. You will see your videos there.

Also.. If the craft is powered up, you can view what's currently on your MicroSD card by tapping the small arrow in a box icon on the lower right hand side of the screen.

Not sure how you'd make your video available on your computer and other devices. There might be some way of doing it through iCloud, but it's something I've never explored.
Thank you. So when you cache the video, it won't do 4K? Guess that I was asking too much. But that's OK, I can live with that.

I know myself I save the videos on my iPad so I don’t need to put the SD card in the computer. . But saving on the iPad must be done with the drone turned on . But once done it’s on the iPad and the drone is not needed . When I have a video that I like I save them on my phone .

Thank you. So when you cache the video, it won't do 4K? Guess that I was asking too much. But that's OK, I can live with that.

It might be the Samsung Tab device I'm using but there are drop-outs in the video cached to the Tab. I will see a break or blip or something where the signal obviously did not make it so that there's a slight "blemish" in the cached video. The one on drone is fine.

The video cache is a dump of the low quality, low resolution live feed you see while flying which obviously is subject to dropouts, stuttering etc.
To get the full quality you need to download from the aircraft (if one of the modes that support it) or read from the card.

To see a 4K image you need a display that can show 3840x2160 pixels.. The iPad Air 2 display only has room to hold 2048x1536 pixels. This means a 3840 x 2160 video won't fit.

If you watch a 4K movie on your iPad, it has to be downsampled or reduced to 2048x1536 so it will fit on the screen. So when you're watching a 2048 x 1536 video on your iPad you're not watching a 4K video.

Since 4K video files are larger than HD video files, all that caching 4K video on an iPad will do for you is eat up a lot more memory.

Last edited:
Today I shot my first Hyperlaspe mode and shot 125 photos and would somehow like to view them on my iPad Air 2. I shot them in 1080P AT 25 frames per second. Would someone be so kind as to post step by step to help be view them as a regular video. Or as far as that goes, step by step for the whole process from setting up to the final process of viewing them. I look at the editor and couldn's see anything there but regular videos that I shot previously. Also only the map showing is where the Mavic 2 Zoom flew the route, no actual video or hyperlaspe at all. I have read the manual a couple of times but find nothing to help me. I know that this a new learning experience for me and I am determined to battle it to the end. I wish to thank all that have commented so far and please don't give up on this old man.There's got to be a way to stich the photos together for a video.
Possibly there is an already made video that can help my dilemma? I for one have not been able to find one.

Last edited:
I will support your request. I'd like to know how one creates a MOVING hyperlapse, too. That is a video of the strung together images. I guess I tended to think that it was a video with the frames being added to a video file.

But I"m the one who also can't figure out how to get a constructed pan from the series of shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329