DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How you save/manage your HEVC RAW files??

Passer

Reactions
Hi guys, I’m just wondering how you manage and save your files with this new format shooted in 10bits, here is what I did previously:

With h264 I used Filmora 8, awesome software to split / chop very fast without re-encoding and keeping all the settings of the original file. The main reason it’s saving only the useful clips and keeping clean the library. This make sense if you want to preserve this raw material after editing the main video with loots, so maybe in the future you can make new content just “drag&drop” those clips.

I didn’t find any software to split h265 10bits without re-encoding and losing quality as Filmora doesn’t support h265 by now so I’m stucked in how to split and organice my library.

How do you do?? Do you save everything in your hard drive?? Do you save the good clips in a project in Premiere/Final Cut?? Or just edit the main video and delete it??

Cheers!!

Reactions: Former Member
I have a Synology NAS with 2x3TB HDDs in RAID1 (mirroring the files for safety).

Reactions: Passer
Passer: It all depends on how much storage space you have and equally important, how badly, if at all, do you suffer from OCD? :)

Three terrabytes is a lot of storage but when it comes to video files, not so much, especially if 4k is your forte. Of course, that doesn't take into account any other data you may be backing up to the RAID. But, if you only use the RAID rig for backing up your video files, it should be enough "for awhile" but as you've seen, those pesky files build up over time. :)

I have been considering getting a Synology NAS for a long time but still haven't pulled the trigger. So I use multiple drives, both external and internal SSD's and spindle drives for backup and storage. My daily "data drive" is a 4tb spindle, boot drive a 1tb M.2 SSD, and my "cache drive" for Adobe CC apps is another 1tb M.2 SSD. Getting a NAS is inevitable I'm sure but I'm hoping that since companies are now building RAID boxes with SSD's, the prices will come down a bit further while storage goes up.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock