DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HTC M8

Sencorp

Reactions
Hey everyone.

I'm sitting here listening to the rain fall outside as I charge up my gear for some aerial scanning missions tomorrow. I think I may have semi good weather tomorrow for a couple of flights here in New Zealand.
I'm testing out some new features I am working on as I have entered into a deal with some proving grounds provided to us by the CAA. (but that's for another post.)
I am wondering about the usb connector to a HTC M8 smartphone. I use one as my daily use phone In an armored waterproof case and the other I use for my mavic. The problem I have is the small usb connectors that came with my mavic are around the wrong way to connect to my phone. So I use the usb cable for charging coming out of the bottom of my controller and then connect to the phone. Problem is, it serves as a power bank and my controller battery life is diminished while it charges my phone that's not needed. Attached are some photos of the phone and the port. Anyone know where to get their hands on connector cables that have a reversed micro usb end?
4fac893a1d92622499dd602f90daf31f.jpg
fe3e5814a6679e8bfcc8503d22940787.jpg
c071cb6d4f53f1d748960a4e0bc9a6b1.jpg

Reactions: Sencorp
I have the same phone and got tired of taking it out of the case. I use a cheap tablet holder Amazon.com: Hooshion 4-12 inch Phone Tablet Holder Remote Controller Extended Holder Bracket for MAVIC PRO Accessories Bracket Stand Black and Red: Toys & Games and the lower usb port with a regular cable. It greatly sped up my set up process.

EDIT: I plug my power bank into the other port on the controller and for me so far it's charged the controller while the controller charges the phone.
Hey mate!
Thanks for that. I do have that same holder as well. I use it for my tablet. Great holder for sure an right there with you on a great suggestion for anyone that doesn't have one. [emoji106]

There is a DJI store opening up here in a few days, I'll stalk the grand opening for sure for a reversed cable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77