DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hua Shan (華山)

MPone

Reactions

Mount Hua (華山) is a mountain located near the city of Huayin in Shaanxi province, about 75 miles east of Xi'an. It is the western mountain of the Five Sacred Mountains of China, and has a long history of religious significance. Originally classified as having three peaks, in modern times the mountain is classified as five main peaks, the highest of which is the South Peak at 7,067 ft. As early as the 2nd century BC, there was a Taoist temple known as the Shrine of the Western Peak located at its base. The Taoists believed that in the mountain lives the god of the underworld. The temple at the foot of the mountain was often used for spirit mediums to contact the god and his underlings. Hua Shan has a variety of temples and other religious structures on its slopes and peaks. The route up the mountain has been named as one of the most dangerous hikes in the world. A network of dangerous and precipitous trekking trails allows them to access the Hua Shan mountain’s five summits, each of which has a religious structure. Monks, nuns and pilgrims carved a network of stairs and trails leading to the mountain’s peaks. The paths have been reinforced due to a recent influx of adrenaline rush seeking mountain hiking tourists, but they are nonetheless dangerous and carry a reputation for fatal falls. Although no official statistics are kept, some say that the number may be as much as about 100 fatal falls a year. Some of the more dangerous parts of the trails have names like Thousand-Foot Precipice, Hundred-Foot Crevice, and Black Dragon Ridge.

Very nice !
Long but very captivating, one you can get into.
Clever use of ground camera zoom in some places to give flying feeling over line of people ?
You are visiting some wonderful places in your travels.
Imagine building those monasteries and carting all those materials up there ?
Even more impressive than Taksang in Bhutan.
Thanks for sharing, I’ll be watching this again on larger monitor when I get a chance later.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Oh wow i went there last year and after almost for hours that my wife and I needed to get to the top when I took out my spark I noticed I had forgotten the controller -.- anyway we had a lot of fun this day and when we got back to the hotel we fell asleep immediately

Very nice !
Long but very captivating, one you can get into.
Clever use of ground camera zoom in some places to give flying feeling over line of people ?
You are visiting some wonderful places in your travels.
Imagine building those monasteries and carting all those materials up there ?
Even more impressive than Taksang in Bhutan.
Thanks for sharing, I’ll be watching this again on larger monitor when I get a chance later.

Yes a bit long. Too many good scenes to snip away. The ground camera zoom is created by the dynamic zoom feature in Davinci Resolve. Those days people are much stronger than what we are today. Therefore they could carry much more than we could now. Launching the drone there was a challenge. So crowded with tourist and limited space.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yes it's a great place to visit but too crowded. Thanks for watching.
I watched about 5 minutes, and then the same scenes became repeated, so I switched off.Spectacular site, great flying on your part. A real challenge getting there and a real challenge finding a place to launch the drone. I give you a lot of credit.

Reactions: MPone

Mount Hua (華山) is a mountain located near the city of Huayin in Shaanxi province, about 75 miles east of Xi'an. It is the western mountain of the Five Sacred Mountains of China, and has a long history of religious significance. Originally classified as having three peaks, in modern times the mountain is classified as five main peaks, the highest of which is the South Peak at 7,067 ft. As early as the 2nd century BC, there was a Taoist temple known as the Shrine of the Western Peak located at its base. The Taoists believed that in the mountain lives the god of the underworld. The temple at the foot of the mountain was often used for spirit mediums to contact the god and his underlings. Hua Shan has a variety of temples and other religious structures on its slopes and peaks. The route up the mountain has been named as one of the most dangerous hikes in the world. A network of dangerous and precipitous trekking trails allows them to access the Hua Shan mountain’s five summits, each of which has a religious structure. Monks, nuns and pilgrims carved a network of stairs and trails leading to the mountain’s peaks. The paths have been reinforced due to a recent influx of adrenaline rush seeking mountain hiking tourists, but they are nonetheless dangerous and carry a reputation for fatal falls. Although no official statistics are kept, some say that the number may be as much as about 100 fatal falls a year. Some of the more dangerous parts of the trails have names like Thousand-Foot Precipice, Hundred-Foot Crevice, and Black Dragon Ridge.
Awesome scenery and I’m sure a lot of work to do this vid.

I watched about 5 minutes, and then the same scenes became repeated, so I switched off.Spectacular site, great flying on your part. A real challenge getting there and a real challenge finding a place to launch the drone. I give you a lot of credit.

For mountain scenery one got to have lots of patience to watch. One woman almost sat on my drone while I was about to launch. I yelled at her but of course she didn't understand a word I said. I don't speak Mandarin. It is that crowded.

I got vertigo just watching your video. I hate to ask how long it took you to climb to your launch point. Thanks for sharing.

There's a trail going up. I guess it will probably take at least 5 hrs to reach the top. But I took the cable car up to the West peak and hike to the North peak then catch the other cable car down. One could easily spend a whole day up there. So much to see and explore.

There's a trail going up. I guess it will probably take at least 5 hrs to reach the top. But I took the cable car up to the West peak and hike to the North peak then catch the other cable car down. One could easily spend a whole day up there. So much to see and explore.
Cable car sounds more like my speed. Loved your video and when the view is great as you recorded the length did not bother me at all.

Cable car sounds more like my speed. Loved your video and when the view is great as you recorded the length did not bother me at all.

If I cut this video into short clips of 7 or 8 seconds, it won't look good at all. Just like viewing a landscape through a small hole.

If I cut this video into short clips of 7 or 8 seconds, it won't look good at all. Just like viewing a landscape through a small hole.
I agree, I think it needs to be the length it is. I suppose you could do each peak separately, but you would not get how it all fits together otherwise.

Oh wow i went there last year and after almost for hours that my wife and I needed to get to the top when I took out my spark I noticed I had forgotten the controller -.- anyway we had a lot of fun this day and when we got back to the hotel we fell asleep immediately
If I go again I would walk up this time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne