DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei MediaPad M5 8 Inch 32GB

zappy54

Reactions
Hi can some one tell if the Huawei MediaPad M5 8 Inch 32GB as gps can't seem to find much info about cellular... thanks for any help

Hi can some one tell if the Huawei MediaPad M5 8 Inch 32GB as gps can't seem to find much info about cellular... thanks for any help
Yes, it has GPS ... just like almost every Android tablet.

The GPS/cellular thing only applies to iPads.
But you don't need GPS or cellular in your tablet for flying.
The M5 is probably the best flying tablet currently available.

Yes, it has GPS ... just like almost every Android tablet.

The GPS/cellular thing only applies to iPads.
But you don't need GPS or cellular in your tablet for flying.
The M5 is probably the best flying tablet currently available.
Thanks For the info Meta4 just one more thing if the M5 As got no SIM card slot as it still got GPS thanks for any help

Last edited:
Thanks For the info Meta4 just one more thing if the M5 As got no SIM card slot as it still got GPS thanks for any help
I thought I already covered that above but to make it clearer ...
Any tablet with GPS can receive GPS without using a sim card
Android tablets have GPS but in iPads, Apple only give you the GPS hardware with the cellular models.
The Huawei M5 (and M3 which is just as good) have a GPS receiver like almost every Android tablet out there.

But you really don't need GPS in your tablet anyway.
Your Mavic has a perfectly good GPS receiver that it uses for all flight functions.

There are only two features that use GPS data from your tablet.
Those are follow-me flight and resetting the home point to the controller's location.
If you really wanted to do something like follow-me, you could use Active track which is better and doesn't use GPS.
Resetting home to the current location of the controller is for flying from a moving car/boat etc and is used by very few people.
If you were flying from a moving vehicle, resetting the home point to the drone's location doesn't require GPS in the tablet and is just as good.

Interestingly enough, I've just bought the Huawei M5 8.4" tablet. Fantastic tablet, but I'm currently going through the same issues that everyone else seems to have with DJI connecting with Android as opposed to iOS

Reactions: Perfectpacman
Yes, GPS works with no sim card installed.

issue i have,i am not able to unlock Authorization zones via this device :( even simcard inserted.
So i have to connect my mobile to device.
Unlock.
Import certificate from mobile to drone.
And hten export certificite of Authorization zone to Huawei...
Does anybody have this same case ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242