DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hub Charger

FlyersFreedom

Reactions
Initially when I got my Mavic Air 2, I had watched some videos and learned that I should not use the hub Charger that came with it to charge the batteries initially. Since moving it I've actually never used the hub Charger out of fear of it bricking the battery. I was just wondering if that issue was ever fixed/if it's actually safe to use the hub Charger?

Since this is about the MA2 and not the M2Z/M2P, can this thread be moved to the correct forum?

I believe DJI fixed the problem. Nobody's complained about it lately. Even initially, it didn't seem to be a very common issue and all you had to do was charge a battery fully once using just the charger, before attempting to charge it using the hub.

Since this is about the MA2 and not the M2Z/M2P, can this thread be moved to the correct forum?

I believe DJI fixed the problem. Nobody's complained about it lately. Even initially, it didn't seem to be a very common issue and all you had to do was charge a battery fully once using just the charger, before attempting to charge it using the hub.
I'm sorry. I thought I had put this in the Mavic Air 2 section. My bad!

Initially when I got my Mavic Air 2, I had watched some videos and learned that I should not use the hub Charger that came with it to charge the batteries initially. Since moving it I've actually never used the hub Charger out of fear of it bricking the battery. I was just wondering if that issue was ever fixed/if it's actually safe to use the hub Charger?
If you have done an initial charge on your batteries using the single method you should be fine now to do triples on the hub.My Air 2 is trouble free since new, back in May.

Once they are out of hibernation mode, it is OK to charge them with the multi charger. I just happened to update the battery firmware first on each of my batteries then did the initial charge on the multi charger. I suspect, the bricking problem is from going straight to the charger without taking them out of hibernation mode first.

The batteries won't even turn on when in hibernation mode for shipping from the factory. They have to be connected to a charging power source first to wake them, even if that's for 10 seconds.

You had to have put them on charge even if for a minute for you to have been able to update their firmware, since they have to turn on and power the AC to get the update through the AC.

For some reason for some the hub didn't properly awaken the batteries and bricked them.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho