DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Humpback Whales

Impressive video !! Thank you for sharing !

I don't want to pour cold water on the post because that was great footage. Balls of steel to send the drone out 2 klicks to get it. Kudos! But everyone should be aware that you can be hit with a fine if you're closer to the whales than 100m. Whale watchers warned.

That said, you could have been over 100m up and using the zoom.

I don't want to pour cold water on the post because that was great footage. Balls of steel to send the drone out 2 klicks to get it. Kudos! But everyone should be aware that you can be hit with a fine if you're closer to the whales than 100m. Whale watchers warned.

That said, you could have been over 100m up and using the zoom.

I am aware of the rules of Marine mammals but sometimes they are not that well thought out, as you can see the Whale was really stressed out by the Drone, I think in reality it would be equivalent to a seagull hovering above.

I am aware of the rules of Marine mammals but sometimes they are not that well thought out, as you can see the Whale was really stressed out by the Drone, I think in reality it would be equivalent to a seagull hovering above.
I tend to agree. I would have done the same as you (except 2km out..?). It must have been tough looking at the battery and thinking 'Darn it, I have to rth'. I just wanted people to be aware that there are rules and fines if you get sprung.

I tend to agree. I would have done the same as you (except 2km out..?). It must have been tough looking at the battery and thinking 'Darn it, I have to rth'. I just wanted people to be aware that there are rules and fines if you get sprung.
I am conscious all the time of my time and space, I fly all the time at this location and am always videoing ships, I dont take undue risks and RTH with plenty of battery, and this little MA2 Air is a great Drone.

My problem is that it's a busy part of the coast off Bondi. You can be standing on the clifftop and a fixed wing or a chopper will fly past a couple of hundred metres out and not much higher than eye level.

Reactions: Fergy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d