DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hurricane eye wind speed???

They're usually pretty light winds, like a normal day. However, the eye has to move directly over you to get this effect (meaning you're going to get hammered by the eye wall twice). Otherwise, it's a hurricane all the way through for you.

I suspect that you could take your MP out and fly during the eye, but it would probably only look like a stormy day off in the distance in most directions. Probably not very "cool" - the same lack of "awesomeness" that people thought they were going to capture during the total eclipse. I guess you could survey the damage thus far without worrying about the FAA's TFR but it's only half over at that point any way.

I live in central Florida. I have my Mavic all packed up and will be taking it to the Emergency Operation Center at 4am tomorrow morning with me. I will be stationed there to support all of the IT needs during the Hurricane for at least 24hrs during the storm.
Anyone else that may still be in Florida pls be safe.

Reactions: sam7883
The hurricane came through Lutz, Florida at night and the eye missed my location so never got to see it. I did see some videos from Naples , Florida where a drone went up in the eye of Irma.

So did the weather channel...
537b0e21f7de0e2adc65f1fe5146e660.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
compact_disc