DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Hurricane Zeta Sunset Photo

NOLADG

Reactions
Wow was I lucky tonight in several ways: Hurricane Zeta came through New Orleans October 28, 2020 with winds around 110 mph. Fortunately, it was also moving at 22mph so our houses and trees did not have to withstand the storm very long and did not bring us much rain.
Then the eye of the storm rolled over us and was one of the most amazing things I have witnessed. It was so calm and serene! We walked around a little bit and saw and smelled a fire in the distance I saw an orange glow in the sky and first I thought it was the fire, but soon realized it was sunset. I popped my Mavic Air 1 drone up over my property at 300' and took this picture. It wasn't long before the winds were picking up again in the opposite direction and I knew it was time to bring her down.

I have heard/seen videos of storm chasers who hunt out such opportunities, but today was being in the right place... And on another lucky note, we are one of the 23% in the metro New Orleans area who still have power!

Zeta Sunset.jpg

This picture was processed with HDRtist.

Awesome picture !!!!!!!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Probably HDR or AEB stacks to HDR.

Probably HDR or AEB stacks to HDR
It was three AEB pictures put together with HDRtist as mostly indicated at the bottom of my post. I like this option better than the built in HDR on the drone which does a pretty good job. HDRTist also shrinks the file size for an easier send on unimportant websites or phone viewing.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Usually I like to use AEB 5 pictures and use Aurora HDR for stacking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie