DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyper Lapse

tca

Reactions
I did my first timelapse with my Mavic Air yesterday........is it "normal" for the Mavic Air to "ascend" as it travels away from you........I started at a altitude of 100' and after about 6 minutes it was at over 250' and the further it went the higher it got......is there some setting that I missed......

The only thing I can think of is a change in barometric pressure, like if you were flying toward a frontal system (or away from one that just passed). I'd have to look up the math to see if that explanation is plausible for a 150' jump in altitude.

Could it be that where you were flying it is 150 lower than where you took off from? I believe the height is just set from home and as the terrain changes so does your altitude.

Could it be that where you were flying it is 150 lower than where you took off from? I believe the height is just set from home and as the terrain changes so does your altitude.
No it stays the same as your takeoff point .

Reactions: Thomas B
I think we or I misunderstood . It doesn't follow the terrain like if your set at 100' and go out a valley 200'
deep it's not going to show 300' Only 100' . Height readings are from your take off point .

Reactions: Shon and PoonDog
Do rest your fingers/thumbs on the sticks... could be an inadvertent command.
Can you/have you checked your controller stick calibration?

I’m bad to be touching it setting cruse control.

I think we or I misunderstood . It doesn't follow the terrain like if your set at 100' and go out a valley 200'
deep it's not going to show 300' Only 100' . Height readings are from your take off point .
have not tried it, but if you fly down into the 200 ft valley does it show negitave AGL ??

Yes .

Reactions: Shon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d