DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse Practice

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Ok- so this is not strictly a drone video! Sitting here in quarantine, bored as heck, I decided to practice doing a hyperlapse on my street. The weather was nice (this is, after all, Miami) so I went out on my street and did it. This is a hand held hyperlapse (no tripod used). I used my Nikon D750, put the screen on grid view, and placed the same crosshairs over my target for each shot. I shot 175 frames. Each frame focused on the same target. Lighting was on Aperture preferred, and shot at f/8. I took a single step forward after step, for 175 steps. After that, I loaded the images onto my iMAC as full res RAW images in a folder. The 175 images were imported into Lightroom Classic, and a representative image developed in the develop module. I synched all images, then exported them to a folder on the desktop as JPEGs. All JPEG's were then imported to Adobe Premiere Pro, and the folder dragged to the timeline. Warp stabilizer under Effects tab was opened and dragged into the timeline image. After processing of the warp stabilization, I exported the file to a folder on my desktop. Here it is. I did not add a music track since it is only 5 seconds long, and the entire process managed to burn up about 2 hours of my day.
This 5 second clip required approximately 2 hours of work.

I've been wanting to try this as well. Nice job. I was not aware that LR had a warp stabilizer feature.
No- LRTimelapse5 doesn't have a warp stabilizer! After you have done your shoot and processed it in Lightroom, export the RAW files to your desktop as JPGs. The folder on your desktop with the files numbered from 0001 to 000x are then imported into either Premiere Pro ir After Effects and processed in that software with warp stabilizer. If you need a Google link to a tutorial that I used I can send it.

Reactions: Kelpfish
No- LRTimelapse5 doesn't have a warp stabilizer! After you have done your shoot and processed it in Lightroom, export the RAW files to your desktop as JPGs. The folder on your desktop with the files numbered from 0001 to 000x are then imported into either Premiere Pro ir After Effects and processed in that software with warp stabilizer. If you need a Google link to a tutorial that I used I can send it.

That would be awesome, Dale. Joe (at) joebelanger (dot) com

That would be awesome, Dale. Joe (at) joebelanger (dot) com
I just e-mailed you but for the rest of the forum, here is the video too.
. The software technique starts at 07:14 in the video, but best to watch the whole 12 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu