DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse Settings

michaeldallen1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've been shooting Hyperlapse for about 7 months, Started using various ND filters and have a blast!!!
However, somewhere along the line the hyperlapse fps is coming out at 25fps on the SD card.
Older hypers were 29.9fps and seemed to have smoother motion.
I've played with all of the setting options but can't find one that pertains to the Hyperlapse photos.
My VIDEO setting is, and has always been 4k 30fps.
Can someone tell me how to create the hyperlapse movie at 29.9fps?
Thanks in advance.

When you say 'save the raw files' I'm assuming that you mean the gazillion JPEG images, then (in my editing software) assemble them in the editing software at the 'pre set' frame rate of my choice. I have done that and it is surprisingly easy. I was just wondering why the 'drone made' video is coming out 25fps where it use to be 29.9 at one time. Thanks for your reply. I have been FORCED to use the JPEG files to make my movie when I (like an idiot) turned the drone OFF before it compiled the movie completely.... EEK... the movie was lost but the files remained to compile the project. Whew! Thanks again for the recommendation!

When you say 'save the raw files' I'm assuming that you mean the gazillion JPEG images, then (in my editing software) assemble them in the editing software at the 'pre set' frame rate of my choice. I have done that and it is surprisingly easy. I was just wondering why the 'drone made' video is coming out 25fps where it use to be 29.9 at one time. Thanks for your reply. I have been FORCED to use the JPEG files to make my movie when I (like an idiot) turned the drone OFF before it compiled the movie completely.... EEK... the movie was lost but the files remained to compile the project. Whew! Thanks again for the recommendation!

No, JPEG are highly compressed with a huge loss of information.

RAW files means start working with the DNG files, which will allow much better control of exposure settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR