DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Hyperlapse Video - I'm pretty sure it's just time lapse video.

maintenanceguy

Reactions
I've done a few experiments with hyperlapse video. A two second interval looks pretty good but I would have liked to have the option to experiment with a 1 second interval. I wasn't able to find a setting that got me to 1 second between frames.

It took almost 15 minutes to film this 15 second clip. The slight wandering of the drone is impressive but it would be nice if there was a way to stabilize the video. Any tools out there that can do that without me becoming a video editing expert?

I've done a few experiments with hyperlapse video. A two second interval looks pretty good but I would have liked to have the option to experiment with a 1 second interval. I wasn't able to find a setting that got me to 1 second between frames.

It took almost 15 minutes to film this 15 second clip. The slight wandering of the drone is impressive but it would be nice if there was a way to stabilize the video. Any tools out there that can do that without me becoming a video editing expert?

When I used Corel Ultimate Studio they had general stabilizing software plug in, I am sure there is a plug in for most popular software that would help with stabilization (I think the wandering during time lapse is similar to stabilization issues). I use Adobe now, and thus far have not needed to look into stabilizing filters/plug-ins).

BTW, pretty darn good as is, but yes, if you want it absolutely perfect, running it through a stabilization filter/plug-in might make a difference. :)

I imagine shooting at 1 second intervals would likely make the video smoother but of course the file size at the same 15 minutes would be double. Also, it is my understanding the difference between time lapse and hyperlapse is camera movement. In time lapse the camera is stationary whereas in hyperlapse the camera moves. Here's a short hyperlapse I shot a week ago. My camera is obviously moving as I was shooting using waypoint settings on my Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: Barbara
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku