DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hyperlapse

last year you could do what you want, but an update that came out in august broke waypoint hyperlapse to the point that you can’t get a very long hyperlapse between just 2 waypoints.

I sent a complaint to DJI support where I very clearly explained what the problem was, and they just blew me off telling me to send a video explaining the problem.

Well I don’t even have the time to edit and post my own videos that I’m interested in, let along make and edit a bug report video

So waypoint hyperlapse mode in air 2 had been bugged and broken for almost a year now.

you can get longer video lengths on the other modes, but in waypoint it’s very difficult to get exactly the shot you want
Well that explains a lot...after a year you would think it would have been reported many times.
They need a beta team that checks for bugs whenever they get close to making a new update.
I wonder if they ever read this forum.

Reactions: Bufface
The primary benefit of hyperlapse is being able to take higher quality stills to end up with a higher quality result, potentially spanning longer than a single flight. However, if you let the camera/DJI Fly create the hyperlapse for you, it dumbs down the video quality of its output to 1080p, and normally throws away the original images. However, if you are willing to create the hyperlapse yourself in Premiere Pro from saved original stills, you'll have a far better result than a speeded up 4K video, which just drops frames, and is limited to one flight.
Like This. This hyperlapse was done by another member in post. Here is his video link.

Last edited:
Not only can you fly faster and cover more ground when using your drone in normal recording modes, you get a better hyperlapse result in the Post processing. Better than what the drone can do.

Fixed the link: Try This
that's pretty cool, one of the things i have found though in regards to using the hyperlapse function and waypoints is you get a less jerky hyperlapse than one that someone else is shooting manually and stitching together.

All of them have their pro's and con's though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha