DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse

izometric

Reactions
I would like to shoot a hyperlapse flying around a building and stopping the drone in front of the main entrance. At the last point, in front of the entrance, I want the drone to continue shooting every 2 seconds, for another 100-200 shots. How do I achieve that? Curently, the hyperlapse ends abruptly as soon as the drone reaches the point in front of the entrance.

I would like to shoot a hyperlapse flying around a building and stopping the drone in front of the main entrance. At the last point, in front of the entrance, I want the drone to continue shooting every 2 seconds, for another 100-200 shots. How do I achieve that? Curently, the hyperlapse ends abruptly as soon as the drone reaches the point in front of the entrance.

How are you controlling the flight? Waypoints, circle mode, or manually?

IF you import it into an NLE, you can extend to last frame as long as you need so it doesn't end so abruptly

IF you import it into an NLE, you can extend to last frame as long as you need so it doesn't end so abruptly
Another option would be to immediately start recording after hyperlapse ends. Instead of a freeze frame, you'll get a sustained hold that will have a tiny amount of motion. That can feel more natural than an extended frame for 3 to 4 minutes. It depends on what sort of look that you are trying to achieve.

Two ways I can think of...
  • Use the "free flight" hyperlapse option and directly fly the orbit, stopping in front facing the building and let it finish the specified number of frames. You will have to figure out speed, interval, and clip length to achieve this, then carefully fly according to those parameters. Very tedious as well.
  • Capture in two separate segments, performing an automated orbit, then a second hyperlapse from a stationary position in front of the building. Combine in post. Be sure and calculate interval and clip length to get the same frame rate in the two hyperlapse clips.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad