DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I’m SO close …!

I’ve reviewed the video…
(which the forum won’t allow me to attach and the static photos don’t reveal direction of motion)
I can confirm 1 & 2 ,
HOWEVER 3 & 4 seem to spin in the OPPOSITE directions
( although both spin counter to each other )

How I arrived here and how to correct it I don’t know…. and why just 1 corner would be affected and not the whole left side… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Does this help?
Link to video
or this one.

If all OK try my first suggestion.
Assuming correct assembly you probably need to Calibrate the IMU.

Last edited:
Ok. So… as a proof of concept, before I started soldering and unsoldering leads on my drones ESC, I DELIBERATELY installed the wrong prop on the quadrant that didn’t have left ( # 3 )

So, to be clear , I have THREE of 1 type of prop,
and ONE of the 2nd type ( where cross props are not same but opposite ) AND IT FLEW !

So, some of my questions are:
Do I go ahead and reverse the wires, or leave it like this as an ad hoc solution?
My concern is if it has opposite blades on motor than intended, the screws might work themselves loose and the props might come off and the drone might fall…

Secondly, I got an error message that I had never got before.
And when done the motor sat there beeping and twitching.

Attachments

• 6D6F428F-7204-4E9E-B101-D29227A059C4.jpeg
    6D6F428F-7204-4E9E-B101-D29227A059C4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 9DF4552A-E306-40CF-815C-12DE3D7F9C8D.png
    9DF4552A-E306-40CF-815C-12DE3D7F9C8D.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Im not 100% sure i undersrand what you are saying. But i think you are saying you have 3 props spinning in one direction, and on spinning in the other?
Im surprised this is working. But my guess is that the one spinning in the direction by itself is going to need to spin faster to counter the torque of the other 3. This should cause that motor to also generate more lift. It all seems very strange

Bottom line is, you should have the motors spinning in the correct direction for all controls to work correctly

Reactions: old man mavic
Scubakev
Please supply a static photo like your photo but with stationary blades so we can see which blade is where.
Other useful images would be of the soldered connections so we can comment.
That said I do not have a mini to compare this to.
See this video

Quote you "AND checked and re-checked to confirm they were the correct props" that is to say:-
Left Front and Right Rear have single banded props​
Right Front and Left Rear have two banded props.​
1660411889136.png

Last edited:
No prop next to each other should spin in the same direction. Found that out the hard way on a home built. Are the connections soldered to the correct motor connection on the board? I know you have the colors correct. Is the board a multi-layer board? If it is there may be a bad connection through the board from the impact. Multi-layer boards can separate and loose connection or not have a good connection. I've never looked at a DJI board, but my hone built has a multi-layer board. here is a picture the props in the correct position.

Attachments

• Mini2.jpg
    Mini2.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wkinner
The image has confused me.
I thought (in ignorance since I do not have a Mini) the props were in pairs,
double banded

1660635897169.png

and single banded.
1660635965003.png
Each diagonal being the same pair.
But your image seems to have just one type?
On closer inspection I do see that the raised markings
1660637287240.png
do agree with Cheddar-mans earlier post.
Cheddar-man post on the subject.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143