DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I added a second battery to the controller

Strange. I have 4 batteries and my RC is fine (50 or 60%) after 4 full flights. I'm using iPad Mini 4 since Sept. Before that I used a S5, Nexus 5x and Nexus 9 and never had this problem either.

I've used two Mavic Pro RCs, one from Oct 2016 and the other from Jan 2017 - both seemed to be about the same in terms of power. Certainly worse than the P3/P4 controllers but fine for at least a half dozen flights.

Are you flying in cold temps? I am not - it's always nice in California!

I have the EXACT same setup and my controller does not even last through two full batteries... I am in Colorado, we have similar weather to SoCal, and other than the elevation, I have no clue what it is. I have always thought the battery life on the controller was horrible, especially when the fly more kit came with more batteries than I could use on a charge of the controller... I wonder if I have a faulty unit?

I have the EXACT same setup and my controller does not even last through two full batteries... I am in Colorado, we have similar weather to SoCal, and other than the elevation, I have no clue what it is. I have always thought the battery life on the controller was horrible, especially when the fly more kit came with more batteries than I could use on a charge of the controller... I wonder if I have a faulty unit?
You are using iPad mini 4?

I fly 3-4 batts all the time with an S3 tablet or Mini 4. For Android just defeat fast charge. I had my RC as low as 40% with the craft a mile away. When I was done, the RC was at 22%.

I have a external charge unit I keep with me. I can charge the RC in flight if needed. Not often do I get out of VLOS unless on vacation or shooting vast rural farms.

my controller drains itself after 3,5half flite. i got bored using it with charger, (usb blocks gimble controlling place for my finger). charges my phone with 0.41A.. always. so I soldered a cable to main battery, and connected a 2.6Ah to the bottom of it. (but some phone holder needs the bottom controller place.. so I use a tablet holder, which is on 0.2kg heavy and big side :(

I used Velcro to hold the battery bank in place

I can't figure out how you attached the power bank. What exactly did you velcro it to? Do you have more pics of it? I have a power bank exactly like the one you have, bought it at the check out at walmart.

my first test with added 2600mah. now it flies a lot more.with 0.41A androidcharging. (approx 5batt+). And charges 4hours, with 1,2A charginDr.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eng.Sabri