DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I added a second battery to the controller

that's good to know..hummm I don't like it being that low that makes me nerves..lol

but the question is how much lower does the out signal get! well if it does but rember walkie talkies when the battery gets lower the range does too!

but the question is how much lower does the out signal get! well if it does but rember walkie talkies when the battery gets lower the range does too!
No I dont think it does. This was my point when I said I dont fly more than 2 flight batteries, before charging, or hooking up my battery bank to the RC.
Lipos wont just slow down, or slowly deplete... they reach a point whereby they simply stop!

No I dont think it does. This was my point when I said I dont fly more than 2 flight batteries, before charging, or hooking up my battery bank to the RC.
Lipos wont just slow down, or slowly deplete... they reach a point whereby they simply stop!

i wouldnt think it would too and yes that is sooo true about those batteries! and if a person is using an android phone it will really suck the battery in the controller down too :(

Reactions: Aumoe
it just seems to me the battery gets low pretty fast in the controller and I have 3 batteries for the mavic but I was wondering to how much does the signal output of the controller drop as the controller battery gets lower? maybe it doesn't or battery has to be very low before it does

There might be something wrong with your RC's battery if it's getting depleted that fast. I also fly with a Mini4, but my RC still has about 60% remaining after depleting all 4 of my batteries. My Mavic and RC are both 15 months old now.

Reactions: moonlitnite
In your opinion....
Are you running an IOS device or Android?
Android. Would have about 30% left after 3 batteries. Perfectly fine.
There's a graph on here somewhere, that shows the remarkably quick drop off of a lipo as it reaches the end of its charge.
The gauge system takes that into account, it doesn't show you voltage but capacity. That graph doesn't apply here.

but the question is how much lower does the out signal get!
Not at all. Modern electronics run on regulated supplies and either work or don't.

i bought a battery pack that has a wifi sdcard in it,good for file transferring in the field but then changed over to the ipad so may not need it but well see...

it just seems to me the battery gets low pretty fast in the controller and I have 3 batteries for the mavic but I was wondering to how much does the signal output of the controller drop as the controller battery gets lower? maybe it doesn't or battery has to be very low before it does

It does drop quick. Today I noticed when I got to 30 percent on the controller, the video feed was very laggy.

It does drop quick. Today I noticed when I got to 30 percent on the controller, the video feed was very laggy.

yes that's what I was wondering to if video lag is related to battery percent!

I will so some testing hopefully in a month or two... snow and cold here now :(

No technical reason it would - BUT your mobile device getting hot after a long stretch of use can cause that. Would incidentally happen in the same conditions.

No technical reason it would - BUT your mobile device getting hot after a long stretch of use can cause that. Would incidentally happen in the same conditions.

yes I can see that happening too. of course the warmer it is outside the fast it gets hot

A battery bank is a good idea. I have a solar powered battery charger I use for phones and it also charges the remote. I would challenge on having it attached to the controller whilst flying. Wouldn't it be preferable to have your controller lean and clean? After all, one flight is not going to deplete the battery, not even 3 and you can always charge the device whilst it is not in use. As enjoyable as it is, you may not want to be flying continuously over a span of several hours but I'm not you.

I have 3 batteries wit my mavic and the controller drops to only 65% when used all 3. I'm not 100% sure but You could damage your controllers battery if You'll be constantly charging it full. Batteries need to be fully discharged every now and then.
That is not true. You do not need to discharge them. You are referring to the old NICad batteries. These are LiPo batteries.

Reactions: moonlitnite
I have 3 batteries wit my mavic and the controller drops to only 65% when used all 3. I'm not 100% sure but You could damage your controllers battery if You'll be constantly charging it full. Batteries need to be fully discharged every now and then.
Same. I can fly four batteries and still have around half of the controller battery left. I do not see the point of this.

Becasue you're using iOS devices, Android is different as they charge from the controller and thus deplete its battery faster. That's discussed every few days...

even tho some people may not need to do this...its still handy having a battery pack, its small enough so its not to bad to carry around and you can charge other things while you fly :) you never know ya might need it for an emergency type of situation :)

Same. I can fly four batteries and still have around half of the controller battery left. I do not see the point of this.
also same, i use all 3 ac and have at least 60 on the rc, i also am old school and i dont care what kind of battery u have they are meant to fully discharge and fully charge once and awhile, i would never charge a 80% battery, on all my phones i have owned i always fully drained them before charging and never once had a battery issue like i read many others do when they charge it at 80% or only charge it for a minute, i fully charge or i dont charge it at all

So then you charge your flight batteries and go again, not charging the RC?

correct i usually get 5 batteries some times 6 on one rc charge, when its at about 10-15 ill charge it which is usually after 5 batteries, 6 if i drained ac batteries fast in sport mode

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun