DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am a US drone pilot planning to travel to Europe at some point in the future. I have family in NL.

MB_DJI

Reactions
I am currently studying for the part 107, so I'll be able to legally fly in the US before I ever consider travelling to Europe with a drone. I would imagine that there are EU rules as well as country-specific rules. I'll be traveling primarily to NL, but I would likely also go to France, Germany, possibly Belgium, Austria, Italy.

So yeah, what's it take to bring and fly a drone with US hardware and certifications in Europe, specifically NL?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas! You'll find that DJi drones practically fly themselves. I don't know which drone you have, but read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your drone before you try to learn how to find it. I believe that EU regs are somewhat in flux, and may be until some time in 2021 or 2022. Below is a link with the latest info that I know of.

We have over 100,000 members worldwide--including all the countries yo menitoned--to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Glad to have you with us!

I am currently studying for the part 107, so I'll be able to legally fly in the US before I ever consider travelling to Europe with a drone. I would imagine that there are EU rules as well as country-specific rules. I'll be traveling primarily to NL, but I would likely also go to France, Germany, possibly Belgium, Austria, Italy.

So yeah, what's it take to bring and fly a drone with US hardware and certifications in Europe, specifically NL?
Hi and welcome aboard. Just take the drone as carry on.
Once you are there can you post if your ADS-B works in Europe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada