DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need to do anything if I plan to fly my mini 3 pro in Europe ?

Jason_sturgess

Reactions
Do I need to do anything if I plan to fly my mini 3 pro in Europe ?
I have my drone registered here in the UK and have the flyer ID , Do i need to do this for my mini 3 pro 249 for Europe ? Planning a trip to Italy in march but want to play by the rules.
Planning on getting some city views of Venice and Milan and the south coastline.

Reactions: FireAnt
@Jason_sturgess yes you will have to register in one of the EU countries,as the requirements differ to some extent from the UK ones ,i believe in Italy you have to have a metal fireproof operator ID badge attached to the aircraft, but i could be wrong on that fact , i would check with the local Italian laws as well on where to fly ,with regards to restricted airspace

@Jason_sturgess yes you will have to register in one of the EU countries,as the requirements differ to some extent from the UK ones ,i believe in Italy you have to have a metal fireproof operator ID badge attached to the aircraft, but i could be wrong on that fact , i would check with the local Italian laws as well on where to fly ,with regards to restricted airspace
As omm stated your U.K. credentials are not recognised in Europe, you have to register and retake the test in a country in the EU, cheers Len

Reactions: old man mavic
Yes, Register your Drone in any of the European countries, I'm going to France + Uk in May, had to have seperate registration for both to fly my Mini 3 Pro. For Europe register with one EU country should cover most of Europe, but also best to check Local country aviation rules, as they can and do vary, best play it safe ! I registered my Drone in France.

Reactions: 4006448 and FireAnt
I'm currently in the US, done the Trust test here and registered it with the FAA as the bigger batteries took it over 250g. But also got my CAA flyer ID for when I'm in the UK. Not registered it there yet though. As others have said, Europe is different and varies country by country I think.

Just a quick question though, the metal ID fireproof badge, would that take the drone over 250g at all?

Not aware/familar of the metal ID fireproof badge, but if you have access to scales, best to weigh to make sure. I'm taking my Mini 3 Pro to Uk in a few months, with standard batteries, completed the test they give you on line and registered my drone. It is critical to keep the Mini 3 Pro Drone below 250g.

As far as i know, you don´t need a metal plate for the ID anymore.
It was needed in some countries before the EU-regulations.

This is what I needed to do for the drone-registration in the EU:
* you need a drone insurance
* with the insurance-id you can register your drone online at an aviation authority in any EU-country
* then you get your registration-id which you have to put clearly visable onto your drone

With drones under 500g you don´t need an extra pilot training.

With drones under 250g you are in another category - you can fly your drone closer to people / urban areas, cheaper insurance, and so on...

Correct me, if I´m wrong ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Only Germany requires fireproof tags. AFAIK

You need EASA registration and the number for the drone.

Each country has their own rules on top.

It is quite confusing at times.

Portugal you need to register and get permission for every flight!

As far as i know, you don´t need a metal plate for the ID anymore.
It was needed in some countries before the EU-regulations.

This is what I needed to do for the drone-registration in the EU:
* you need a drone insurance
* with the insurance-id you can register your drone online at an aviation authority in any EU-country
* then you get your registration-id which you have to put clearly visable onto your drone

With drones under 500g you don´t need an extra pilot training.

With drones under 250g you are in another category - you can fly your drone closer to people / urban areas, cheaper insurance, and so on...

Correct me, if I´m wrong ;)
These are issues I am trying to get a Facebook group set up to address, looks for the group IUAS where we are trying to talk through flying unmanned aircraft in different countries and the rules and regulations need

These are issues I am trying to get a Facebook group set up to address, looks for the group IUAS where we are trying to talk through flying unmanned aircraft in different countries and the rules and regulations need

Unfortunately most FB groups just descend into a spam fest

Reactions: Octisurfer
I’m heading to Sweden soon from the US. I registered as a pilot in Sweden (paid some $5fee also) and since my Mini 3 Pro sub 250g has a camera I also took training and an exam to get the A1/A3 certification. I took the training from a Slovenia site since it was free and in English. This is not the link I’m looking for but it helps some. I found a really good one on EASA’s site that summarized all the requirements in one spot but I’m having trouble locating it.

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dronecation
I am thinking of taking my Mini 2 to both Italy and Portugal (side trip) coming from US. I've been looking at all the EU regulations and for Italy and Portugal. Since I will be going to Italy first, I was going to register as a pilot and drone as class C0 sub-cat A1 open class. But even though all the regs are shown and safety stuff, I still can't find the actual links to apply and get an online form. For example, when I select Italy from the page https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/naa and select italy to register as an operator, it goes to d-flight (https://www.d-flight.it/portal/) and I need all sorts of authentication that is not being translated into English first. It's so confusing, even with my wife who speaks Italian can't even understand where to actually file an application. At this point, I am thinking not bringing my drone!

I am thinking of taking my Mini 2 to both Italy and Portugal (side trip) coming from US. I've been looking at all the EU regulations and for Italy and Portugal. Since I will be going to Italy first, I was going to register as a pilot and drone as class C0 sub-cat A1 open class. But even though all the regs are shown and safety stuff, I still can't find the actual links to apply and get an online form. For example, when I select Italy from the page https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/naa and select italy to register as an operator, it goes to d-flight (https://www.d-flight.it/portal/) and I need all sorts of authentication that is not being translated into English first. It's so confusing, even with my wife who speaks Italian can't even understand where to actually file an application. At this point, I am thinking not bringing my drone!
You can follow this link : Connexion | AlphaTango and choose English. The French documents are

The French documents are also good for Italy

I tried that, but I have to declare that the 1st country I will be flying in is France, which I will not be going to anytime during this trip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum