DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am going to Thailand

dchris

Reactions
I am going to Thailand soon, can I take my drone and is there anything I need to do to take it?

They're everywhere here.
Remember though they're banned in all national parks and i see people fined on a regular basis.
Don't fly it over crowds, crowded beaches, temples and so on.
Remember Thailand is a strict military dictatorship - the police and military are all powerful and anything "security" related will be heavily frowned upon so don't go flying it near police stations, military bases or anything else. Be aware of your local area via google maps and so on before flying as "i didnt know" is no defence.

Technically drones need to be registered but the system doesn't work at all, its ground to a halt and nobody is bothering (and nobody who has tried has managed to get anywhere).

Ultimately, if you behave and fly considerately away from crowded areas, national parks and so on there isnt an issue.

That also involves going in person to the NBTC which isnt feasible for most people. Thailand is a big country.

Recently back from a Phuket yacht based holiday. Many of the (even remote) beaches visited had NO DRONES signs up. Plenty of other places to fly I guess. Let us all know how you get on. I don't have a drone yet, but if/when I do, Thailand will be on the filming bucket list. Amazing rock structures in Phnang Nga bay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag