DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am now a bonafide mavic pilot...

Speedmeister

Reactions
My M2Z arrived this morning and flew its maiden flight. No visible flight abnormalities. Hovered steady as a rock above vps range. No calibration done. Updated firmware and fly database using DJI assistant 2. Remote controller needed updating too. I linked my DJI goggles RE with no problem but chickened out of flight testing. My prop guard is on backorder. I have to go through the menus and see what is different compared to my P4PO. I have narrow sensing programmed on C2 for the P4PO. I use it when hand catching. I didnt see that on M2Z. Hard to hand catch M2Z with the obstacle avoidance on. I bailed out on my first attempt. I landed it on dry grass. It is a whole lot quieter than my phantom or spark.

Reactions: Salle
I’ve hand caught quite a few times at beaches when I didn’t want to get sand in the thing from prop wash. The trick is to get it to sense your hand as the ground. Once you can get it to do that, then it’ll come down no problem.

My M2Z arrived this morning and flew its maiden flight. No visible flight abnormalities. Hovered steady as a rock above vps range. No calibration done. Updated firmware and fly database using DJI assistant 2. Remote controller needed updating too. I linked my DJI goggles RE with no problem but chickened out of flight testing. My prop guard is on backorder. I have to go through the menus and see what is different compared to my P4PO. I have narrow sensing programmed on C2 for the P4PO. I use it when hand catching. I didnt see that on M2Z. Hard to hand catch M2Z with the obstacle avoidance on. I bailed out on my first attempt. I landed it on dry grass. It is a whole lot quieter than my phantom or spark.
My zoom arrived last night from ups, so only had time charge it up and update, now i have go work and wait the whole day fly it :) looking forward to my maiden flight. i see you said lot quieter than spark, that's great i am upgrading from spark. I know has new quieter props and esc, but nice hear pratical feedback from spark owner.

I’ve hand caught quite a few times at beaches when I didn’t want to get sand in the thing from prop wash. The trick is to get it to sense your hand as the ground. Once you can get it to do that, then it’ll come down no problem.
Agreed i do that all the time with my spark even without palm landing/launch. You just put your hand right below the bottom sensors when it hovers before the final landing stage and it wil rest on your hand and turn off after.

Agreed i do that all the time with my spark even without palm landing/launch. You just put your hand right below the bottom sensors when it hovers before the final landing stage and it wil rest on your hand and turn off after.
Just add to this... Ibhave found the trick with this is to start landing cycle aka swipe across in dji go 4 app first, otherwise the below sensors will just see your hand as obsticle and move drone up

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke