DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am photographing a book and need to have some drone photos. Question; will the mavic 4 produce a good enough for publication?

jeffallen

Reactions
H i, I am currently photographing a book project and shooting stills with a canon R5. I need to purchase a drone and am asking if the mavic4 will produce stills at a good resolution. Thank you, Jeff Allen

Reactions: MA2 317
Yes its more than enough as I have shown on my posts that the quality of the Pictures is really fantastic when you can keep cropping a single picture over and over again and get more than 1 picture out of it.

WIth that said , in order to get the best shots you need a drone that can handle the wind a little better than the mini series can an so you might want to look at getting an Air 2S or the AIr 3 which would get my vote.

Here is an example of the picture taken in the Rain and the Picture Crops that came with it

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 3 in the Rain, Land on the Water can Capture the Storm.

Reactions: MA2 317
Hello from the Crossroads of America jeffallen.

Nice to meet you Jeff. 🤝

You'll get good information from the pilots that have the Mavic 4, but I'm not one of them.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: GFields
H i, I am currently photographing a book project and shooting stills with a canon R5. I need to purchase a drone and am asking if the mavic4 will produce stills at a good resolution. Thank you, Jeff Allen
What will be the size of the photos in that book? MavicMini4 Pro camera has 12MP (48MP produces undesirable artifacts) sensor 4000x3000px. For offset book printing you need to supply to your publisher photos at 300dpi. By simple calculation you get 13x10" photos at native resolution.
The other question is if one wide angle lens camera will do. Not sure what your subjects will be but if nature at challenging lighting conditions such as sunrise and sunset or shooting into the sun etc, the limited dynamic range of the tiny sensor might be a factor. If budget and circumstances allow I'd look at Mavic3 Pro. It has 3 cameras with lenses 162mm, 70mm and 24mm. The 24mm has large M43 20MP sensor and produces great IQ photos with wide dynamic range and decent latitude when editing in LR and Photoshop. This drone would open many more creative possibilities for you and you could end up with greater variety of drone shot than just wide angle with one lens.
The other drone to consider would be the Air3.
Just my 2cents worth...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidGC