DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I constantly mess up my video by tilting the gimbal the wrong way at the end of my clip, AMA!

black_magic100

Reactions
In all seriousness though, am I the only one that constantly messes up a good shot by moving the gimbal in the incorrect direction? I find it very easy to do if I am simply flying straight, but once I add multiple movement into the mix and try to slowly tilt my gimbal I almost always guess the wrong way and point it down when I want to go up or vice versa.

I really hope the mavic 2 has a vertical scroll wheel on the left side as it would be significantly more intuitive when you have to constantly be watching so many other factors (i.e. birds, wind, exposure, histogram and just flying in general.

Reactions: Niblett
... same here ...
You can use the screen of the phone/tablet to achieve the same thing though...
Have a look here, it is one of the features:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just keep telling yourself “push up” and “pull down” it will eventually sink in.
that's the thing though. It goes left to right and right to left. Intuitively that **** doesn't make sense lol

edit: I just watched the video. **** me I didn't know you could do it on your screen!!!!! LOL

... same here ...
You can use the screen of the phone/tablet to achieve the same thing though...
Have a look here, it is one of the features:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I didn't know like 5 out of 6 of these tips....

I don't remember seeing these in the manual when I first got it, but then again maybe I looked over it. You are a lifesaver!

that's the thing though. It goes left to right and right to left. Intuitively that **** doesn't make sense lol...

Right but you “push” with your finger to turn it left to right (up) and “pull” with your finger to make it turn right to left (down) so just remember “push up” and “pull down”

Reactions: gjhick
Right but you “push” with your finger to turn it left to right (up) and “pull” with your finger to make it turn right to left (down) so just remember “push up” and “pull down”
oh that makes sense. I understand it is just about muscle memory and eventually i will get it. The issue is when I am flying 3 different ways and at the very end I throw that in to get the money shot and mess it up because I'm so focused lol. I am gonna try the screen technique, but I'm not sure my finger positioning is going to allow me in most scenarios

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist