DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I don't see the Zoom functions in Video Mode on my Mavic Air 2

Ron Maine

Reactions
My Mavic Air 2 running Ver. 1.5.10 on the DJI Fly App and the Firmware Ver. 1.01.0720 and I still
Can not find the Video Zoom functions. My Controller is the Original Grey device with the "Tripod" "Normal" "Sport" functions
for selections. Is there anyone running these Same Versions of the DJI Fly App and the Controller able to Zoom during Video filming
in Flight. The Mini 2 allows the FN button and the Wheel to zoom.
I wanted to find out if I'm missing something. I have owned this Mavic Air for 2 years now, purchased from DJI.

My Mavic Air 2 running Ver. 1.5.10 on the DJI Fly App and the Firmware Ver. 1.01.0720 and I still
Can not find the Video Zoom functions. My Controller is the Original Grey device with the "Tripod" "Normal" "Sport" functions
for selections. Is there anyone running these Same Versions of the DJI Fly App and the Controller able to Zoom during Video filming
I wanted to find out if I'm missing something. I have owned this Mavic Air for 2 years now, purchased from DJI.
First of all the zoom function does not work in 4K video mode. When in 1080 or 2.7K video mode the zoom control is right next to the REC button on the display device. I don't use any buttons on the gray controller for the zoom function.

First of all the zoom function does not work in 4K video mode. When in 1080 or 2.7K video mode the zoom control is right next to the REC button on the display device. I don't use any buttons on the gray controller for the zoom function.
See 2:11 in the video linked above. 2x digital zoom is supported in 4K at 30fps, but not in HDR.
1658312781154.jpeg

I must try this as had mine for well over a year and not even found the Zoom, sure it had a zoom feature but never worked where it was?

I must try this as had mine for well over a year and not even found the Zoom, sure it had a zoom feature but never worked where it was?
It is activated by either pinching out on the screen, or using the Fn key with the scroll wheel, or by pressing and holding the onscreen 1x and dragging it up.

Reactions: Octavio
I just pinch or spread my two fingers on the screen to zoom in and out

Yes I saw a Post that said something similar, but the Point is....Others that are flying
the same Software and Firmware release as I'm flying,,,,state that the Zoom feature is
Automatic with the use of the Gimbal Wheel on the Mavic Air 2. Thats what I'm trying to find
out as to why its not on my Controller and Drone.

Yes I saw a Post that said something similar, but the Point is....Others that are flying
the same Software and Firmware release as I'm flying,,,,state that the Zoom feature is
Automatic with the use of the Gimbal Wheel on the Mavic Air 2. Thats what I'm trying to find
out as to why its not on my Controller and Drone.
You probably figured it out by now but hold the function button down while turning the wheel for the zoom feature.

Yes.....that feature Used to work for Zoom.... and now it does not, I tried it again and again...no go.
A reply from another user said "he just pinches it open for zoom" its supposed to work as You described
it did once and now NO GO. I checked the Firmware on the RC and the Air 2 and they match the versions
of Software that this other guy Said that it works with the Wheel and that little button.
Oh Well ....Im tired of chasing the issue.. Thank for your reply.....Ron in Maine....Winters in Tucson....East Side.

Yes.....that feature Used to work for Zoom.... and now it does not, I tried it again and again...no go.
A reply from another user said "he just pinches it open for zoom" its supposed to work as You described
it did once and now NO GO. I checked the Firmware on the RC and the Air 2 and they match the versions
of Software that this other guy Said that it works with the Wheel and that little button.
Oh Well ....Im tired of chasing the issue.. Thank for your reply.....Ron in Maine....Winters in Tucson....East Side.
Ron - If you're filming in 5.4k the zoom function is disabled. You need to film in 4k for it to be available.

Ron - If you're filming in 5.4k the zoom function is disabled. You need to film in 4k for it to be available.
I have the same issue. It used to work in 4K at 2X and 1080 at 4X, but now it will not work on either resolution.

I have the same issue. It used to work in 4K at 2X and 1080 at 4X, but now it will not work on either resolution.
Make sure you're not on HDR mode. Zoom doesn't work in that mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54