DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I go Platinum in 3 days

Reactions
I have had a Phantom 3 Standard for about 8 months (had a "toy" drone with camera for about a year before that). I moved to Hawaii (Oahu) prior to getting the P3S and have had a great time getting shots and video here. Since I now feel comfortable flying, have a good base knowledge of flight rules and regs, knowledge of DJI App(s) and getting camera shots, I decided to upgrade a little and get a Mavic Pro Platinum. So WED I go Platinum!

The better portability, range and a little less noise was the draw for me. Curious about the camera difference in MPP and P3S. For those that have experience with both, any thoughts? Is it worth keeping my P3S for better photography moments or get the couple hundred bucks?
- I like good pictures, but not a photography guru by any means.
- I do blown up, frame and display some pictures in home.
- Video is mostly for personal viewing, rarely I will do some editing, put some vids/pics together and post on social media etc.

I can give you input here. I got my P3S after my son got a P4 Pro. I thought I really outsmarted him as he paid almost $1600 by getting everything, including a new iPad and I got my P3S on sale shortly thereafter at Amazon for $433. What a deal!!! I was hooked, too. I fly twice a day out here in the country. Then I went for the best, the Mavic and sold my P3S to a friend. HOWEVER, I miss my P3S. It is the best of all worlds: For us non-professionals it takes great photos and videos, easy to fly, powerful with pretty good range, a very sturdy machine, reliable and steady always. I miss it. It is a great backup. I'd find myself flying it again just for the pleasure. So, if I were you, I'd keep it. It's a great backup. There may be times the Mavic will need a 30 minute update and you can just whip out the P3S. True, it has no obstacle avoidance, but you can fly carefully. And obstacle avoidance isn't 100% reliable anyway. The only reason I got a Mavic was portability and range. The P3S is a deal!!! Fix it up with a better pedestal for the phone or tablet. You can even increase the range with a reflector or pay a little more for a modification. Wouldn't you pay that "couple hundred bucks" for a drone that good? You already have one. Have I convinced you?

Thanks for the feedback, especially with the first hand experience comparing them. You do not have to sell me on the P3S, I absolutely love it. Still deciding, definitely in no rush to get rid of it.

Don't you want to wait for the DJI announcement on the 23rd, could be a Mavic 2 ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky