DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 vs Mavic 3 pro

tdowell

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Question,
I own a drone services business, the M3e, M30t, and M350 are my primary tools. I do virtually nothing in the videography and photography space, everything is engineering / Survey based. However, I’ve got a kid who works for me who is wanting to move into real estate photography as well. So, we’ve acquired a matterport Pro3, a Sony a7, a Mavic 3 Pro. The other day, I came across someone needing to raise some funds and wanting to part with a Mavic 3, so I bought it. I now own both a Mavic 3 and a Mavic 3 Pro, other than the 3x camera, are there any differences between these 2? I threw a pro controller on the M3 (it came with an RC-N1), and they seem identical other than the 1 camera. What am I missing??

Last edited:
They are identical in flight function and abilities. They both use the same RC'S. Ignore the camera and they are the exact same aircraft.

Reactions: tdowell
Like everyone has said, the camera is the key difference. Just know that everything else is not perfectly identical, from someone who has had both drones, there are some accessories (like a custom case where you cut out the shape) will not fit exactly because the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro are not exactly identical bodies. If you buy wrap, make sure it fits the Mavic 3 Pro but you can still get the Mavic 3 custom skins to work but they won't be perfect. Also note things like firmware is not the same but probably has the same features....just know it may not always be the case. I can see possibly later when the Mavic 3 Pro gets a non-camera feature update and it is absent from the Mavic 3, folks will wonder why....

My Opinion -
Both are a let down - without the SDK, and a Proper Waypoint planner. (like Litchi and VLM) - Litchi needs the SDK.

Thats where DJI dropped the Ball -
They released the SDK only for enterprize M3s, not for the M3 or M3P

Your Kid should have the full extent of Waypoint Planning - to expand on Real Estate Photography.
DJI sucks at that. Wpt Planning. (Just My Opinion)

My Opinion -
Both are a let down - without the SDK, and a Proper Waypoint planner. (like Litchi and VLM) - Litchi needs the SDK.

Thats where DJI dropped the Ball -
They released the SDK only for enterprize M3s, not for the M3 or M3P

Your Kid should have the full extent of Waypoint Planning - to expand on Real Estate Photography.
DJI sucks at that. Wpt Planning. (Just My Opinion)
He has access to all of the other hardware if he needs it, I have a couple of Mavic 3e's and an M350 with a P1, we also have all 3 lenses for the P1 because we live in a mountainous region and we deal with airspace restrictions. Mapping is not problem and he doesn't need the option for these drones. I'm just trying to determine which one to keep and which one to take home for personal use.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian